Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

10th Generation Intel Core i3 Processors warranty

AnisMishu
Beginner

Hello, 

It has been 1 year since I have taken a processor of 10th Generation Intel Core i3 Processor. Since the beginning of the purchase, the PC hangs while working. But the PC wouldn't turn off. It would get stuck in a hurry, and it would be fine again. Lately, it's getting too loud and the monitor is jittery. By checking this problem, the heating problem of the processor was found. The temperature of the processor goes from 90 to 100 only when playing a very normal work or YouTube 2 to 4K video. I opened the processor and saw black spots on the processor due to heating. I have given the image of the processor below. This happened due to the overheating of the processor. The latter is under warranty so I took it to the shop. But the shopkeeper said that this happens due to natural reasons many times and the company will not give a warranty for this problem. It is not covered under warranty. So, he can't send it under warranty. Is that right? If anyone knows please let me know.

My question is whether processor physical damage or natural damage. Is Intel covered in warranty for this type of damage? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @AnisMishu  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

As per the information and pictures you send us, this is physical damage due to external causes and it is not covered under warranty, you can check the details in the following article: 

Physical Damage Due to External Causes on Intel® Desktop Processors 

We recommend you to contact Intel Customer Support directly for further warranty inquiries. 

Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography: 

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @AnisMishu  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

As per the information and pictures you send us, this is physical damage due to external causes and it is not covered under warranty, you can check the details in the following article: 

Physical Damage Due to External Causes on Intel® Desktop Processors 

We recommend you to contact Intel Customer Support directly for further warranty inquiries. 

Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography: 

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
AnisMishu
Beginner

Thanks, Jocelyn M.

As you describe I contact Intel customer support for my country. And they replace the processor. And now it's super first to speed. No overheating and very smooth to operate.

Again, thanks to you.

0 Kudos