Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

9900k shows CPU at 100% on task manager

DRobe21
Beginner

Whatever program I open, even task manager, it shows it using 100% of cpu. If not the program I open it shows "system" using 100%. No virus or malware detected. Reinstalled windows 10 pro and does it again after a few hours.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello DRobe21, Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. Having the CPU usage at 100% can be caused by different reasons such as apps running in the background, BIOS needs to be updated, old version of operating system, cooling system needs to be properly installed, drivers updates required. Please try the following troubleshooting steps that might help fixing the issue. 1. What Windows*10 version are you running? Make sure you have the latest build and version. 2. Try to update the BIOS to the latest version. (Please check with the motherboard’s manufacturer first for instructions). 3. Re-apply the thermal paste and make sure the cooling system is properly installed. 4. Disable the apps in the background that are not being used. Open Start > Settings > Privacy > Background apps If the prior steps do not work, please provide me the following information to further assist you: 1. Please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and attach the file with the environment details. 2. Attach a screenshot of the task manager. 3. Are you experiencing performance issues? Hope this helps! Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello DRobe21, I'd like to know if you were able to fix the issue by following the steps provided. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello DRobe21, Please contact us back if you have any questions. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos