Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14975 Discussions

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE And I9-14900KS BSOD AND TROUBLES

Metinozk
Beginner

Hello everyone,
I have a computer system as seen below:

-CASE : ASUS ROG HYPERION GR701
-CASE FAN : THERMALTAKE SWAFAN EX14 RGB (2X)
-MB : ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
-CPU : INTEL i9-14900KS
-COOLER : ASUS ROG RYUJIN III 360 ARGB
-RAM : G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 RGB 48 GB (2x24) 8000 MHZ
-M.2 : SAMSUNG 990 PRO 2 TB (2X)
-GPU : ASUS RTX 4090 ROG STRIX OC EDITION
-PSU : ASUS ROG THOR 1600T GAMING

I did my latest motherboard bios update (1301). I was using Windows 11 pro x64. I wanted to reinstall the system because of too many blue screen errors. On the installation screen, I removed the old installed file. I started it to install a new one and got a blue screen on the loading screen. I repeatedly get a blue screen on Windows 11 or 10 installation screens (I install with a USB disk) or 10 minutes after installation. What is the reason of this ?

What should I do as a solution? If there are any necessary bios settings, I would be very happy if you could help me with them. I have never interfered with the fine tuning of the processor or other necessary parts.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Metinozk
Beginner

No matter what we do, we continue to get a blue screen error. We reverted to the previous 1202 version instead of the installed 1301 version bios. Again blue screen. We have uploaded a new beta version 1402. Even though we reinstalled Windows 11 over and over again, it allowed us to install it, but we got the blue screen again. Then we reinstalled version 1301 again. When we installed Windows 11 again, it installed in a single installation. It started to work stably. This time, we investigated why it started to work stably. Within 1 hour, it started to show a blue screen again and started giving the "nvlddmkm.sys" error that I had received as standard before.

We did not make any adjustments to the bios versions that we constantly uninstalled and installed. We worked with whatever the standard values ​​were. Xmp setting was always on automatic. We disabled VMS in the bios only when we could not see M.2 on the bios and Windows 11 installation screen. This is how we did the installations.

We cannot fully understand whether the problem is in the hardware or not. As I said before: We were using it 1 month ago without any problems, except for minor problems. We did not encounter any problems in the benchmarks and hardware tests we performed. It showed no error. We monitored M.2s up to date and actively with Samsung Magician and put them to the test. We did not see any problems.

You tell me. Have you encountered such a problem? How did you solve it?
We're about to go crazy. If it is a hardware problem, let's contact Asus or Intel and request product replacement or service support. We do not have the strength to buy and try a new, different product.

It gives a blue screen like crazy. In the form of different errors.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Metinozk,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We understand how disheartening it is to try a lot of things and face a roadblock in the form of a blue screen for one of the fixes that you attempted. We will work with you to resolve the issue.

Kindly allow us to obtain the following details that we will need to think of reasons why you are experiencing this issue and of effective recommendations for your concern:

1. When you updated the BIOS to 1301, did you also try resetting to Intel defaults?

2. Updates regarding our investigation on the issue that you are facing is published on this page.

Have you tried setting your BIOS to the recommended settings listed on that site?

We will wait for your answers.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

We have installed Windows 11 and are currently running performance tests, but we are getting low performance results and the computer hangs or turns off the image and returns the image after a short time.

Then it crashes again and the computer restarts.

The current settings in the bios are standard settings. We did not interfere with any settings. Performance is selected as the Intel profile setting. Xmps or AI settings are off.

We get the nvlddmkm.sys error a lot.
We also get an error called Genuiene.
We also get an error called Overclocking.

I am sharing with you my minidump files from which I can access the records. There are even many more blue screen errors that are not recorded in the folder. This is what I can throw at you. I also share the event display screen.

I also share a video about how it looks in my bios settings.

I'm saving it as a 7zip file. Password: 12345

I also saved the contents of the minidump files that I was able to download to Notepad. You can look from there if you want.

By the way, we tested it with test programs while using Windows 11. We get errors like this when performance is selected as the Intel profiles selected in the bios. When Extreme is selected and XMPs are active, it does not even allow you to use Windows 11. We make a lot of mistakes.

If you want a more detailed bios video, I can make it separately.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Metinozk,

Thank you for your response.

If you have already loaded Intel Default Settings and still experiencing the same issues, your processor may be faulty. To completely determine this, kindly answer the following questions:

1.  Were you experiencing the Blue Screens since day one of using the processor?

2. Have you tried disabling XMP completely?

Looking forward to your response, so we can think of the best course of action for your concern.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

1 - When we started using the computer after the first assembly, we did not receive a blue screen. However, while the system was performing operations, the mouse cursor would move dully for about 3-7 seconds. Then it straightened again and continued its normal movement.
We started using it for 1 month without any problems, but for the last 3 weeks we started to receive many errors and blue screens.

2 - We tried turning off XMP and it didn't work. We put it on automatic, but it didn't work. We enabled it but it still didn't work. We activated the computer after the first assembly and it was working without any problems.

We upgraded the bios to 1301, actually there was no problem. We could still carry out our transactions. Whatever happened, it happened in the last 1-2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

Thinking that we were wasting our time, we decided to send the latest processor for service support. We packed it up and contacted the place we purchased it from. We will send for support.

If a new processor arrives, we will try again. Then we'll try again.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Metinozk,

Thank you for prompt response post.

After seeing your answers to our questions, we conclude that the CPU is faulty. Our next move was to advise you to contact Intel’s warranty team that handles your region; however, since you already claimed it from your place of purchase, we would suggest continuing your claim with them as it is more convenient and probably faster.

In case you had difficulties in getting warranty from your place of purchase, you may submit a ticket here, so the support team that handles your region can process a Return Material Authorization (RMA).

Since you are already in the process of claiming warranty for your item, we will be closing this thread.

If you would like to give us an update or if you have further questions, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great year.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

Hello again
Our new processor arrived today and we started testing it.

So far we have not received any blue screens. Maybe if we bought it, it might have been stuck in "intel fail safe". If you need them, I'm adding my event viewer list below. You can see it from there.

So far I could only see the " nvlddmkm.sys " error.
So far, the screen has froze or stuck several times before and after installing the drivers. Of course I restarted the machine.

I install my necessary applications and files. So I will check the tests in detail. I will test if I can see any problems while playing games or editing videos.

Error content of the latest minidump I bought:
---------------------------------------
Unloaded modules:
fffff80751520000 fffff80751532000 dump_storpor
fffff80751580000 fffff807515bc000 dump_stornvm
fffff807515e0000 fffff807515ff000 dump_dumpfve
fffff80753b30000 fffff80753b51000 dam.sys
fffff80753b60000 fffff80753b70000 KMPDC.sys
fffff8074fb80000 fffff8074fb91000 WdBoot.sys
fffff80750db0000 fffff80750dc2000 hwpolicy.sys
fffff80749360000 fffff807496e4000 mcupdate.dll
---------------------------------------

I will keep you informed as soon as I get a specific error.

password 12345

0 Kudos
AlperRG
Beginner

Metin hocam selamlar. Benzer bir sisteme sahibiz.  İşlemcilerimiz aynı anakart ben Asus z790 e var. Sistemi aldığım günden beri mavi ekran ve crash sorunları yaşıyorum. Ne yapsam işe yaramadı. Bİr çok farklı ayar denedim olmadı. Sizde ki son durumu merak ediyorum bilgi verebilirsen sevinirim.

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

Hacım selamlar. Biz bir çok test yaptık. Bios'u yükselttik veya düşürdük. Bios ayarlarını sıfırladık vs.. deli gibi mavi ekranlar alıyorduk. Ekran kartlarını test ettik , ram'leri test ettik , PSU'yu ve anakartı da bildiğimiz bilgiler doğrultusunda test ettik. Bir sorun çıkmadı. En son sorunun işlemciden kaynaklı olduğuna karar kıldık. 

windows 11 kullanırken mavi hata alıyorduk ve işletim sistemi kurulum ekranında da mavi ekran alıyorduk. 

İşlemciyi satın aldığımız firmaya garantiye gönderdik. Onlarda İntel EMEA ya gönderdi. Sorunun işlemcide olduğu tespit edildi ve bize yeni işlemci geldi. ( tahmini 2 hafta sürdü ) 

Şimdi yeni işlemci geldi ve dünden buyana test ediyoruz. Şuan için bir mavi ekran hatası almadık.

Şuan test ediyoruz halen. 

Alper kardeşim. Sende aynı sorunları yaşıyorsan eğer ; 

deneyebileceğin başka bir aynı seviye bilgisayar varsa donanım parçalarını değiştirip test edebilirsin ve senin de kafanda netleşir tam olarak ne olduğu.

Bizim internet üzerinde yaptığımız ve kendimizin kanaat getirerek verdiğimiz sonuç işlemci oldu. Sende bir istersen gönderebilirsin. 

Dip not : Benim düşünceme göre. Türkiye ye gönderilen ilk parti ( Dünya geneli içinde geçerli olabilir ) işlemci parçalarının çoğu arızalı sanırım.

0 Kudos
Metinozk
Beginner

Eğer sanada uygun olursa seninle bir iletişime geçebiliriz. 

" metinozk " benim discort adım. Buradan ulaşabilirsin bana.

0 Kudos