Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15119 Discussions

Additional Warranty Updates on Intel Core 13th/14th Gen Desktop Processors

Thomas_Hannaford
Employee

Following Intel’s earlier announcement regarding two (2) year warranty extension – from date of purchase, up to a maximum of five (5) years - on Intel Core 13th/14th desktop processors, please see below for additional details on the program.

Intel Core 13th/14th Gen Desktop Boxed/Tray CPUs

The following processors are covered by the warranty extension:

Thomas_Hannaford_0-1722877807488.png

Warranty extension applies to new & previously purchased processors, if they are one of the Intel Core 13th/14th Gen SKUs listed above. This warranty coverage applies to all customers globally.

Standard warranty process and terms apply – which you can review here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024255/processors.html.

For users who are or have previously experienced instability symptoms on their Intel Core 13th/14th Gen Desktop processors and need to initiate the exchange process:

• Boxed Processors – please contact Intel Customer Support for further assistance.
  • Tray Processors – please contact your place of purchase for further assistance.
  • OEM/System Integrator Intel Core 13th/14th Gen-powered desktop system – please contact your system manufacturer for further assistance.

If customers have experienced these instability symptoms on their 13th and/or 14th Gen desktop processors but were unsuccessful in prior RMAs we ask that they reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance and remediation.

We appreciate your patience with this process and will continue to share updates relating to the Intel Core 13th/14th Gen desktop processor instability issue.

18 Replies
aCNuser
Novice

所以更换产品的质保是重新开始还是跟之前的质保截止日期一样

0 Kudos
RaeXie
Beginner

如果是重新开始,那不成永动机了,不可能

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

京东不就是这样的,售后换新之后保修期是重新算的,我那个罗技鼠标都坏了然后换新了好几个了

0 Kudos
moriarty4444
Beginner

换了还是13、14代的CPU,工艺决定了这代产品是有缺陷的,这样的产品就应该直接召回而不是换货,换货不能解决根本问题。

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

一个是这玩意不稳定,再一个是换货非常麻烦还可能拒保,再一个换货时间也贼长(但凡用顺丰空运也行啊联邦快递慢的要死),还有 就算给我们退款,那这张主板咋办啊,这不是砸手里了

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

要不然就ultra200出来之后专门给1700平台做一个版本用来售后换新,不然我觉得都是在糊弄

0 Kudos
dierdeya
Beginner

怎么都是中国老哥啊,谁知道我的移动端i7-14650hx的质量会不会受到影响啊,会不会用着用着坏了o(╥﹏╥)o      

Who knows if the quality of my mobile i7-14650HX will be affected, and whether it will break when I use o(╥﹏╥)o

0 Kudos
pressed_for_time
New Contributor III

Intel insists that the mobile processors like your i7-14650HX are not affected. I have seen any report anywhere by a i7-14650HX owner that they have issues. Intel's mobile processors are always paired with one of the NVIDIA GTX range of mobile chipsets. This makes for a capable combination that is entirely capable of dealing with demanding games.

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

反正放假了,闲着也是闲着,不如上网找找乐子

另外这个14650hx好像是跟台式机一样的芯片,所以说我觉得应该也是受影响的,不过这东西,跑测试能过就行,我这用的就是p95第二项,过不了的话就说明你这已经缩肛了或者买来就是坏的

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK421a7v2/

极客湾这视频大概就把步进说清楚了

至于楼下说的“intel说笔记本不受影响”,我觉得大概率是因为频率相对低 出问题的相对少所以人家单纯不想管

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

另外你这14650hx能超频吗,是跟台式机带k的一样能调cpu倍频吗

0 Kudos
pressed_for_time
New Contributor III

Typically gaming laptops don't offer the same facilities as desktop processors. So there may be a choice of settings including a Performance option but the ability to change the processor frequency directly through a BIOS setting is less likely to be present. This may vary according to the laptop model so if you have a laptop in mind check the specifications and what reviews say.

0 Kudos
TekHeads-net
Beginner

If a model number is not listed in the above table does that mean they do not have the issue identified?

For example the i5-13500T

0 Kudos
aCNuser
Novice

it only means that intel don't admit it have problem...... as far as i know, 13500t may have two kinds of chip,and i just paste another my post for you to reference

aCNuser
Novice
‎08-06-2024 10:52 AM

yes,if there is no error in 1 hr, the cpu should be ok, then you can try  large ffts,its to test ram, if both is fine and no error,i think it will be less likely to be the cpu and ram

and out of my curiousity could you provide a CPU-Z screenshot? I heard that 14400f should have two kinds, and it may could be identify by steeping in CPU-Z, for B0, that is new cores of 13/14th gen, it should have 2mb L2 cache per Pcore on the chip, and been cut to 1.25mb per Pcore, for C0, it is like 12th gen die and have 1.25mb L2 cache per Pcore natively.

if your cpu is B0 steeping, i think it may (only my personal speculate)related to recent "instability issue"

reference:(chinese language video)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cK421a7v2/

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19J4m1W7db/

13500t should be similar to this, i think if your chip is B0 stepping, it is likely to be affected

CoolBook
Novice

Correct, that chip is not affected by the overvolting issue.

I would say that the risk behavior starts at 5GHz. That means that there is a theoretical risk of voltages are reaching up to 1.4V for those chips. Intel specifies below 1.55V as safe, I think. My personal limit is 1.3V

In reality the vast majority of issues have been reported for RPL i9K/KS, with some reports for 14700K. 13700K is basically the limit for elevated instability reports. You would find very few unstable chips below that SKU, unless additionally overclocked i5 Ks.

RAMBO1
New User

Your "personal limit is 1.3V"? Just curious as to where you are coming up with that? Do you have a background in CPU engineering?

0 Kudos
RamessesKalidasa
New User

Intel has previously stated that all 65W+ base power 13th and 14th gen CPUs are affected. This list you provided excludes e.g. 14600, 14500, 14400F, 14400, 13400, 13400F. Why? Does Intel have new evidence that has led Intel to believe not all 65W+ base power CPUs are affected and thus is updating their previous statement on this? Or is Intel just intentionally excluding some CPUs from the extended warranty?

0 Kudos
Demuska
New User

As the wording of these updates seem to change every other day, can you please state plainly and simply if the warranty extension covers, without exception, processors that have been bought from OEMs / System Integrators?

0 Kudos
Sraverage
New User
What is the chance that the I5 1335U in the Galaxy Book 4, model NP750XGJ-KG2BR, has a problem related to the high voltage or accelerated oxidation that other processors in these generations are experiencing?
0 Kudos