Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15401 Discussions

Apps crashed and blue screen - i9 13900K

marinho
Beginner

I'm from Brazil and I work with video editing on my computer.

I built a computer with the following configurations:

Core i9 13900K

Asus Prime Z790-A WIFI (BIOS 1402)

64 Gb RAM - XPG Lancer 5200 mhz (4x16gb)

SSD 1Tb XPG S70

WC ROG Strix Asus LC II 360MM

------------------------------

However, it has not been recently that I have noticed my system being very unstable, whether on Windows 10 Pro or 11 Pro.

And now, more recently, I simply can't install Windows 11 Pro, only 10 Pro, and even then, with lots of errors, Adobe programs closing, Spotify, ALL internet browsers closing without any apparent error.

I did all the tests with ram memory, disabled my GPU (RTX 3070), replaced SSD, anyway...

I still have a very unstable system, showing error 0xc0000005 in several situations: When I try to format, or while running a program. Some installers don't go all the way through the installation.

Today I have a "high performance" machine that is useless.

Can anyone help me, but don't just run commands in the sfc /scannow prompt, because I've also done that and it didn't solve anything at all.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello marinho,    

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you and to help you further I would like to confirm the following:

1. Have you tried with a different CPU or RAM?

2. Is the motherboard giving you any LDE or beep code when you get an error?

3. Is the BIOS in default settings?

4. Was the CPU working before? If so, did you overclock the CPU?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
marinho
Beginner

1. Have you tried with a different CPU or RAM?
No. But yesterday I sent it to technical assistance to do tests with other memories and another processor.

2. Is the motherboard giving you any LDE or beep code when you get an error?
No. It starts normally.

3.Is the BIOS in default settings?
It is in the default settings. And with the latest version.

4. Was the CPU working before? If so, did you overclock the CPU?

The only overclocking I did was to activate XMP in RAM memory, in Bios. I have never overclocked the processor. I built this computer in February 2023, it was working fine.

In recent weeks it has started to become very unstable, it does not allow me to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro.
When I try to do a clean installation, it keeps showing error 0xc0000005

Or blue screen.

So I can install Windows 10 Pro, but the same symptoms appear. Unstable internet browsers, Adobe programs giving out bugs, crashing.

Since then, I've always been able to switch from one system to the other, Win10 or Win11, without a problem. But that's not what happens now. Even though I change the SSD, Installation Pendrive, the same error happens: 0xc0000005

One detail, yesterday I was unable to install ASUS Armory Creator, which is the program that downloads all the drivers.

So, I manually installed the drivers.

But, the only drive that I couldn't install was the Chipset. It doesn't go to the end and displays: UNKNOWN ERROR

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello marinho, 

Thanks for your response. Based on your post, I would like you to try and confirm the following:

1. What was the outcome of the technical assistance? Was the computer working with a different RAM and CPU?

2. Just to confirm, is your RAM DDR5?

3. Try to check with Asus for more information related to the issue with the ASUS Armory Creator.

4. Based on your error, try the steps recommended by Microsoft:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello marinho, 

I want to know if you still get crashes or if you had the time to check my previous post. Let me know if you have any questions.

I will be waiting for your next post.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello marinho,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos