Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Attempted to upgrade my processor and RAM, now my computer won't startup at all.

I wanted to upgrade my computer (p7-1017c motherboard) from its base Intel Core i3-2100 processor to the Intel Core i5-2400 processor along with adding an additional 4GB of compatible RAM to the base 4GB (the RAM I got was 4GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM which Crucial recommended for my motherboard). After initial installation of both, the computer would not work and proceeded to beep while flashing a yellow light. I researched and decided to clear my CMOS in order to help out. I did this as was recommended by removing the battery for a few minutes and then putting it back. This also did not work (resulting in the same beeps and flashes), so I decided to take out the new RAM and just test if the new CPU would work but I still got the same beeps and yellow flashes. I then decided to revert everything back by putting my old i3-2100 back in (also making sure to clean off and reapply thermal paste and the like) to make the computer the exact same as it was before I decided to do all of this and it is STILL giving me the same error. Right now it is doing 5 beeps accompanied with a synchronized 5 yellow flashes before repeating itself. What should I do?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You will need to contact the manufacturer of your motherboard for assistance with their hardware and bios.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Do you know how I could contact them? It's an old board so I'm not really sure where I would start.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

It is an HP system:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02858497

Contact HP.

Doc

Highlighted
Novice

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You are welcome.  But, do not expect much from HP.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Al, 

I bought a 2020 Newest HP 23.8" Full HD (1920x1080) IPS LED PC Computer Monitor , but it says "input signal not detected". My current display adapter info below. 

Do you know which display driver i need to install to fix this problem?

Regards, 

StevieC

# SSU Scan Information
Scan Info:
Version:"2.5.0.15"
Date:"07/09/2020"
Time:"00:01:08.0215227"

# Scanned Hardware
Computer:
BaseBoard Manufacturer:"Acer"
BIOS Mode:"Legacy"
BIOS Version/Date:"Acer V1.06 , 09/07/2011 12:00 AM"
CD or DVD:"HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N"
Embedded Controller Version:"255.255"
Platform Role:"Mobile"
Processor:"Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz , GenuineIntel"
Secure Boot State:"Not Available"
SMBIOS Version:"2.6"
Sound Card:"Realtek High Definition Audio"
System Manufacturer:"Acer"
System Model:"Aspire 5733"
System SKU:"Calpella_CRB"
System Type:"x64-based PC"
- "Display"
Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"8.15.10.2182"
- "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"
Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"
Adapter RAM:"1.71 GB"
Availability:"Running or Full Power"
Bits Per Pixel:"32"
- "Caption":"Intel(R) HD Graphics"
Link:"http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=HD+Graphics"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the whole report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello stevieC

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

It seems that you are reporting another issue. To better assist you, our recommendation is that you post another question (creating a new thread). This will allow us to focus on one issue at the time.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos