Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

CPU Voltage help.

Lyndly
Novice

I think my CPU voltage is to high reaching 1.55v, how do I change the voltage. I'm scared touch something I don't know much about, (I bricked a MoBo a week ago). HELP.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Lyndly

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please provide more information on the processor and motherboard that you use, and attach the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
Lyndly
Novice

Yes sorry. This is the result of the scan.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

To verify if this affects the processor, please run and share the results of these tools:

We also noticed that your BIOS is out of date, please contact your motherboard manufacturer to confirm if a BIOS update is needed. Make sure to confirm with them as well, if you have any overclocking feature enabled.

Best regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
Lyndly
Novice

Not overclocked everything is stock, only thing i have XMP on for the ram, and I updated the BIOS to the latest version. This are the results of the XTU: Score 3544 at 79° 4950 MHz. And the result of the other tool are attached.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Please share a screenshot of the XTU results.

Regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
Lyndly
Novice

Did the test again. This are the results.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information, we are working on this request and the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for your patience @Lyndly. We don't recommend the use of third party applications because we can't confirm what each parameter measures, or how it actually works. For this reason we recommend that you use the Intel® XTU. You can find more information on how to check this value on the following article:

What the HWMonitor shows on those results is the VID, that refers to the voltage that the processor is asking from the motherboard, the real voltage provided to the processor itself its called VCORE.

There is a newer version (7.4.0.26) of the Intel® XTU available:

If you can't see the VCORE following the steps from the previous article, please update and try again.

Finally, let us know if you experience any problems affecting the performance; BSODs, Shutdowns, overheating, or others.

Regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos