Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

CPU  compatible with RoHS 2?

TZhan4
Novice

I want to know if is intel core CPU  compatible with RoHS2?  I check around, it does not seem to be compatible with RoHS2. (It seems that there are more than 0.1% of substances) If possible, is it compliant with RoHS2? Or is it exempt from conformity? Please help me.

Thanks 

Joyce 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

You can find information about the processor's regulatory using the links listed below:

1. Go to Ark.intel.com and search for the specific processor model.
    1. Under the Ordering and Compliance section of the product page, look for PCN/MDDS Information.
    2. Click MDDS to see RoHS Compliance information.

1. Find the Master Material Number (MM Number) or the Spec Code from the product page under Ordering and Compliance under the PCN/MDSS section.
    1. Enter the Master Material Number (MM Number) or the Spec Code in the MDDS Database.
    2. Determine RoHS compliance.

You will find the RoHS.Compliant and the SVHC, and some other information you may find useful.

Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.

If the information provided is not accurate, please let me know and provide me details, so we can properly address your request.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TZhan4
Novice

All you sent it to me I already check before, but nothing talk about ROHS 2?

Thanks

Joyce

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

Can you please provide the specific CPU model so we can assist you with more accurate information?

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
TZhan4
Novice

I need all information about Intel Core i CPU with RoHS 2, like i5-2400? I7-7700S? i9xxx

Thanks   

Joyce 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

Thank you for the information.

We will proceed to check this internally, I will comment in this thread as soon as I receive more information to share.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Please check the documents attached where you can find, "Starting from 2019, to the best of Intel’s knowledge, no products sold by Intel contain any of these 4 phthalates above 0.1% in homogeneous material."

This can be used along with the MDDS document for each processor. You can follow the below steps to find the information required:

1. Go to ark.intel.com
  2. Search for the processor number
  3. Click on Ordering and Compliance
  4. Click on MDDS for the desired stepping.
  5. This will open the MDDS database with search results filtered by the product selected in step 4.
  6. On the document, look for 'Declaration' field for any of the statements "This product is EU RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65/EU) compliant." or "This product contains the selected exemptions from IPC

I'm attaching the MDDS for the Core i7-7700 as a valid example.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello TZhan4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos