Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

CPU fan for i7 13700k

rpetrie
Beginner

I just replace my motherboard and installed an intel i7 13700k. I need a cpu fan and notice that they vary widely in size and cost. What criteria should I use to find the proper fan to buy?

Thanks in advance for the advice,

r

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @rpetrie  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Regarding the CPU requirements, you need to buy a fan that is equal to or higher than your Processor's Base Power (125W), as you can verify here: Intel® Core™ i7-13700K Processor

Also, you need to verify that the CPU fan heatsink is compatible with the CPU socket, which is LGA 1700, the socket used by the CPU cooler must be the same as the one used by the Intel® CPU. You can compare the Processor Base Power and socket information of the Intel® CPU information with the Processor Base Power and socket information of the CPU cooler. More details on How to Know if the Heatsink Is Compatible with the Intel® Processor article. 

I hope this information helps you with your CPU fan decision. Please let us know if there's anything else I can help you with. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
rpetrie
Beginner

Thanks Jocelyn for the response and the information. I'll study up and see if there are any more questions.

Best,

r.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @rpetrie  

Sure, I'll keep an eye on this thread these days to see if you have any further inquiries. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @rpetrie       

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos