Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

CPU startet nicht

RLevi1
Beginner

Problem: CPU E5 2696v3 auf Supermicro X10SRA startet nicht.

Bin für jeden brauchbaren Tipp empfänglich. Mein System: Board: Supermicro X10SRA CPU: E5 2696v3 RAM: Samsung PC4-2133P Grafik: nvidia GTX 970

Der CPU startet das Board nicht, Debugg bleibt tot/zeigt keinerlei Meldung......verschiedene Ander CPU starten problemlos mit der Konstellation.

Besteht eine Möglichkeit den CPU (anscheinend Tray jedoch unbekannt von wem) durch Intel Service auf Fehler/Defekt zu prüfen. Wenn ja wo stelle ich Antrag oder sende den CPU hin?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi typnr4,

Were you able to check the compatibility between your board and our processor?

Is there any physical damage on the processor?

Were there any recent changes that you can revert?

Any Post or Beep codes?

Any Led Lights or Fan Activity?

Try to contact Super-micro so they can help you out to clear the CMOS or similar troubleshooting steps for their board that could help.

At the same time if you wish to know if your processor is tray you can to go this website and include the markings of it:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo Warranty Information

Tray processors warranties are processed through the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)

Let me know if there is something else.

Eduardo_B
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert Levien,

I was wondering if you require additional assistance with this, please let me know.

Eduardo_B
0 Kudos
RLevi1
Beginner

I returned the CPU to the seller. A check on function now is obsolete. The compatibility with the motherboard is confirmed, there were no beeps nor LEDs, the CPU has no physical damage, it just stays dead. This has been seen by the seller and the CPU has been withdrawn, he will offer it again with the explicit note DEFECT. Why he does not start remains a mystery.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert Levien,

Got it, hopefully you will not have any further issues with the new one. If you need anything else let me know.

Eduardo_B
0 Kudos