Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15323 Discussions

Can't change core voltage offset in Intel XTU after bios update

Iwmq
Beginner

After updating bios to the new one with 0x129 microcode, I checked if XTU hadn't been reset.
I had undervolting profile that has been throwing some errors about invalid values (about core voltage offset only), so i was going to remake it. But the Core Voltage Offset can't be lowered anymore, I'm guessing that it happened because XTU is paired with bios or something, and the microcode update, but is there a fix for that?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SmartOne_2000
New Contributor II

Is UV protection enabled in BIOS? If so, disable it. If its disabled and you are still getting an error, it may be due to the new bios. One way to verify this (probably) is to choose a non-intel profile in your BIOS and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Iwmq
Beginner

I disabled it now, it still didn't work. I restarted the pc, still didn't work. I searched for different protection settings, because maybe XTU is misunderstanding them? no. I shut down the pc and power it on again because i don't believe restart button, nothing again. Then i reinstall XTU and manage it to finally doesn't work anyways. So there was UV protection option and intel XTU was showing a little yellow lighting icon next to the core voltage options, saying that undervoltage protection is enabled and it blocks the subtraction of voltage defaults and voltage offset values on minus. After disabling restarting reinstalling and anything that i thought of the icon is still here and lowering voltage values is still blocked so it is the reason, but it's not the reason at the same time.

0 Kudos
SmartOne_2000
New Contributor II

Interesting ... I would completely uninstall XTU as described here and re-install it.

0 Kudos
Iwmq
Beginner

As i tried, i couldn't apply most of the tutorial to my device(I don't know why). I tried older XTU versions too, but the problem is the same. I think the problem is more likely on the bios side. What i could do to confirm it, is to boot windows on other drive with fresh installation, so i would be sure that XTU is working perfectly fine and there can't be any problems on the OS side, and see if its still blocked so it's because of bios, or it will be working fine so it's because of XTU.

0 Kudos
JedG_Intel

Hello Iwmq,

Thank you for posting at Intel Community Forums

For me to properly address this concern, please share the following details:

1.What was the previous BIOS version that works with XTU?

2.What is the current BIOS version?

3.Make and model of the motherboard?

Additionally, to have a better understanding of your system components please generate System Support Utility (SSU) report. Please follow instructions here and send the report - How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

We hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Jed G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
dupontsrxray
Beginner

previous BIOS version = 1202 x64 updated to 1503 x64 (Default optimized
setting)
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO Motherboard
Can no longer set a negative core voltage offset with Intel XTU ver 7.14.2.14
Win 11 Home

0 Kudos
dupontsrxray
Beginner

SOLVED: Core Voltage Offset can't be lowered On my Bios 1503 X64 with Intel I9-14900K I DISABLED Undervolt Protection. Intel XTU can now lower (negative) Core Voltage Offset. In Bios, select Extreme Tweaker/ Tweakers Paradise/ Undervolt Protection/ select DISABLED. Reboot Save changes. Go to Intel XTU and experiment! Hope this helps others. See 3 screenshots attached Bios 1503 Extreme Tweaker.jpg, Bios 1503 Undervolt Protection Disabled.jpg, Intel XTU.jpg

0 Kudos
JedG_Intel

Hi dupontsrxray,

Thank you for responding.

I'm glad that you were able to figure this out and I appreciate that you provided this information.

Since your issue has been resolved,  I will be closing this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a good one and stay safe!

Best regards,

Jed G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos