Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15402 Discussions

Confused By What I See

Timlab55
Beginner

I currently running a Intel Core I9-11900K chip on my ASUS Z-590-E motherboard.  Lately, I've noticed that when I run my CCTV system, that works fine.  When I add in a game (Risk), my CCTV system runs fine and so does my game.  When I start to bring another game (World of Warships), my CCTV system freezes for about 5 mins and then starts to act right and everything is working fine.  Tonight I noticed that when I was running just my CCTV system and then tried to run my HD Homerun (TV turner), things where fine (almost), but when I added in one of my games, my TV Tuner froz on me and along side with my CCTV cameras.  I know this chip is powerful, but to get this type of service I would say not.  In addition to this, I have CPUID HWMonitor running as well.  I noticed that all my cores are running at around 4768 MHz but one.  That one seems to be fixed at 3498 MHz.  No matter what, it stays there.  I ran Cinebench R23 and it did move from 4768 to 4769 and then back to the 4768.  Why just that one core and not the rest.  I did run the intel processor dia and it passed.  So what is the deal with programs freezing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

You said that the CCTV system works well when you play Risk, but it freezes when you start WOW and then recovers after 5 minutes. This could be due to overheating. When the CPU gets too hot, the temp control circuit will try to slow down the CPU’s clock (stop/go/stop/go) to cool it down. Overheating is not the only possible cause, it could also be a power or memory problem. You can check this link for more information: 

Tips for Random System Freezing Issue

0 Kudos
Timlab55
Beginner

Hey H_Mlysgeek that you for  your reply to my problem.  First off, the email that I received, didn't have a reply header to it, so how is someone suppose to answer you back?  After reading my message, I realized that I didn't tell  you wha type of processor I have which is the I9-11900K with a Z590-E motherboard and a 850 PSU.  So from your reply, would you think it sounds like a power supply problem?  I've watched my 12v rail, 3.3v rail and my 5v rail, and they all don't drop and if they do it's like maybe -/+ 1.  My VID holds at 1.3 - 1.425v as well.  My temp currently right now, running my CCTV program and risk is around 39c.  Any other information you might need please ask and I will reply.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Thanks for that, Dan. My bad.  I know freezing can be frustrating on any PC, and yes, I agree that the Intel Core i9-11900K is indeed a powerful processor, and it should generally handle multitasking well. However, several factors could cause system freezes, such as software conflicts or any software-related issues. I see that this is not a power supply problem; maybe it's software. If one particular application or piece of software keeps constantly freezing or crashing, and if nothing helps, you should consider contacting the app developer for further assistance. You can contact them via the app store, i.e., where you installed the app, or from the developer's website. Because you mentioned that things were fine, but when you added in one of your games, your TV tuner froze. 

By the way, Dan. It's not an email; it's a Processors community thread post.

Cheers,

Harry

0 Kudos
Timlab55
Beginner

Thanks for the reply and I'll contact the software people and see if they can guide me.

Thanks

0 Kudos