Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14943 Discussions

Crash en overheating I9 CPU

SKnoop
Beginner

Ook hier bij mij is de CPU instabiel geworden na 5 maanden.

Mijn pc, MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk, I9 serie 13 cpu, GPU RTX 4090 3x ventus en ddr5 32gb ram.

Nu ben ik in bios gaan underclocken en undervolten.

ik gebruik Cinebench om te testen en lees dit uit met CPUID HWmonitor.

Nu kom ik op maximaal 92 graden in piekmomenten en overall op 80 a 89 graden uit over het algemeen genomen.

Maar ik durf nu geen games meer te spelen omdat ik bang ben dat mijn cpu inmiddels beschadigd is alleen ik weet niet hoe ik dat kan achterhalen.

Buiten gamen werkt mijn pc nog zoals moet.

Ik wacht wel tot de oplossing er is en ik denk dat ik een vervangende CPU ga krijgen van de verkoper. Want mijn pc heeft 5 maanden goed gewerkt en ook alle games goed gedraaid.

Dit tot 5 maanden na mijn aankoop van gloednieuwe pc.

Ik ben er helaas te laat achter dit probleem gekomen. Als ik een vervangende CPU zou krijgen, ga

ik die gelijk undervolten en underclocken.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SKnoop
Beginner

de text staat heel anders op de pagina dan dat ik geschreven heb. excuses hiervoor.

Ik weet niet hoe dit kan, maar het is wel vreemd.

0 Kudos
ShunMnzed
New Contributor I

hi there sknoop

please use English so that other community members can understand your message, it sounds like you're experiencing stability issues with your MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk PC and Intel i9-13 series CPU, especially during gaming. In some way, Underclocking and undervolting in BIOS have helped mitigate the temperatures somewhat, but you're still concerned about potential damage to your CPU due to high temperatures reaching up to 92 degrees Celsius.

It would be prudent to refrain from gaming until the problem is resolved to avoid any further potential damage. If your PC operates normally outside of gaming, it indicates that the issue may be linked to the CPU's performance under heavy loads

Considering your PC's relatively recent purchase and performance prior to these issues, seeking a replacement CPU from the Intel Customer Support directly could be a viable solution. Given that the problems arose within 5 months of purchase, it's understandable to explore warranty options for a replacement.

If you decide to pursue a replacement CPU, you may want to continue undervolting and underclocking as a precautionary measure. It's unfortunate that you encountered this issue after the initial period of use, but addressing it promptly should help in maintaining your PC's performance and longevity.

0 Kudos