Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Deleting XTU Services restarting my laptop

JChen443
Beginner

I have an acer predator helios 300 2019 that came with an XTU service installed. I think it had a -0.1250 undervolt value which was fine. However, after uninstalling all the XTU software I could find in programs and apps, I still have a XTU service that starts up with windows. Whenever I delete it, my laptop restarts. Anyone knows how to fix this issue? Should I try deleting remnants of XTU or installing and uninstalling it again? I don't want to mess with it randomly because as I said, when I deleted it from task manager, it restarts my laptop every time. Right now, I do have my laptop undervolted with throttlestop while the XTU service still runs in the background.

i7-9750H

GTX 1660ti

16GB Ram

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JChen443,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) has not been validated on mobile platforms; it was developed mainly for Intel® Core™ X Series and K Processors (Unlocked Intel® Processors).

Recommendations:

1. Please contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to determine the best method to safely uninstall the tool from the computer since it came preinstalled.

2. Use BIOS default settings to avoid altering the processor's frequency and voltage. Please follow your OEM recommendations to load BIOS default settings.

3. Your OEM may have other tools to optimize your computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel