Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14767 Discussions

Different image on Windows power plans

asabovesobelow

Hi i use i5-11500 CPU with RTX 4060 and i've noticed a strange thing.

On balanced plan image looks kind of "relaxing" and has more smooth colors.

On performance plan it is more rough but it feels more "stable"

Is this an issue? Why does it look like that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VonM_Intel

Hi, asabovesobelow.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It's not uncommon to observe differences in display appearance between different power plans. Balanced plans typically prioritize energy efficiency and may adjust display settings accordingly to conserve power, resulting in smoother colors. The default setting typically entails an automatic increase in your CPU's speed when your computer requires it and reduces it when it's not needed. This setting is usually adequate for most situations.

On the other hand, performance plans prioritize system performance, which may lead to more vibrant colors but with a slightly rougher appearance. This variation in display quality is often intentional and not necessarily indicative of an issue with your system. If you prefer the appearance of one plan over the other, you can choose the plan that best suits your preferences and needs. This mode maintains your CPU's speed consistently, without reducing it during idle periods, resulting in higher speeds for most of the time. Additionally, it enhances screen brightness and may prevent other components like Wi-Fi or disk drives from entering power-saving modes.

I'd like to share you with some links that could help address your concern:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, asabovesobelow.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It's not uncommon to observe differences in display appearance between different power plans. Balanced plans typically prioritize energy efficiency and may adjust display settings accordingly to conserve power, resulting in smoother colors. The default setting typically entails an automatic increase in your CPU's speed when your computer requires it and reduces it when it's not needed. This setting is usually adequate for most situations.

On the other hand, performance plans prioritize system performance, which may lead to more vibrant colors but with a slightly rougher appearance. This variation in display quality is often intentional and not necessarily indicative of an issue with your system. If you prefer the appearance of one plan over the other, you can choose the plan that best suits your preferences and needs. This mode maintains your CPU's speed consistently, without reducing it during idle periods, resulting in higher speeds for most of the time. Additionally, it enhances screen brightness and may prevent other components like Wi-Fi or disk drives from entering power-saving modes.

I'd like to share you with some links that could help address your concern:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello asabovesobelow,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, asabovesobelow.

Thank you for the update. You're always welcome. You may also visit the links below for more information and details regarding the Windows power plans:

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos