Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

Display 3 Monitors?

Trueace
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to use 3 monitors total. My laptop and 2 additional. I bought an HDMI splitter initially and both additional monitors are displaying as one.

So I figured I would try my USB C port as another way to get the laptop to recognize the separate monitor but it didn't work as I don't have a Display Port Alternate Mode USB port... I have an older model like USB 3.0

Can my Processor detect 2 additional monitors and what solutions, if any, do I have?

Below is my Processor. 

intel(r) core(TM)i7-1065g7 cpu @ 1.30GHz

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Trueace,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics, I will be glad to help you.

Please be aware that your processor's graphics (Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics) can support up to 3 displays connected at the same time, but it will also depend on the resolution and laptop limitations. 

We do not recommend the use of video adapters/dongles/converters, as they can cause graphics issues or improper detection of one or more displays, unless the video adapter is recommended by the laptop manufacturer.

In order to better assist you with this situation, please provide the following information:

• While the two monitors are connected to your laptop with the HDMI splitter, please gather the graphics report by following these steps:

On Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Trueace
Beginner

I have solved the issue by using my SS USB port instead of the USB-C port which wasn't a thunderbolt or display adaptor port. 

This has allowed the 3rd monitor to work. 

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution. Thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos