Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14638 Discussions

Does anyone know anything about these things? They are showing errors in device manager.

primevibrations
Beginner

I am having three errors in my device manager. I have:

Base System Device - PCI\VEN_8086&SUBSYS_4C11849&REV_01

PCI Device - PCI\VEN_8086&SUBSYS_43A4SUBSYS43A41849&REV_01

SM Bus Controller - PCI\VEN_8086&SUBSYS_43A4SUBSYS43A41849&REV_01

I'm having some issues with the CPU overheating after reinstalling windows and I'm not sure if this could be related but I guess I was starting here. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to install the chipset inf for your motherboard, then you need to install the ME for your motherboard.   Look on the website for downloads for your motherboard.

Also, not related to overheating.

Next time, So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
primevibrations
Beginner

Okay so neither of those drivers are going to help with the overheating issue? 

Thank you for the response by the way. I attached the document you were talking about. Idk if that's helpful at all. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Update your bios.  Install the chipset inf.  Install the ME.

Did you build this PC yourself?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos