Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15527 Discussions

For ALD-P, how USB-C* lanes configure to pure USB3.0

xianliang
Beginner

For ALD-P platform, as you know, we have 4 TCP ports, every port have 2 lanes, lane0 and lane1. For my design, I want to configure these 4 ports to USBC *2 + DP *2, for USBC port, only need USB3.0 function, I'm not sure if it's ok or not. If it's ok, for the connection, should the lane(lane0 or lane1) connect to USBC connector directly ? is there any other design note from your guys ?

Thank you all in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

xianliang, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance and provide the information that you are looking for, we just wanted to confirm a few details about this scenario:

When you said ALD-P platform, do you mean Alder-Lake P Intel® processors?

Even though you mentioned, for all ALD-P platforms, is there any specific processor model that you might be interested in that you can provide?

Are you a hardware/software developer?

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello xianliang, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello xianliang,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos