Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14988 Discussions

Fornite out of memory error

Colosio
Novice

My problem and solutions so far

Im having the exact same issue, aorus z790, trident Z 7200, rtx 4090, Intel i9 14900K and fornite crashes with a msg of  "out of memory to allocate a graphic". You can force a crash of fornite by enabling hardware aceletarded RTX and open this season workbench,  it will CTD every time. also, every time the game updates the game crash by parts, first it will crash on opening, then crash on entering match then crash when on match until you crashed every time the game now runs as it should.

Thing i tried:

Worked:

-enabling DX11 doesnt crash but who wants DX11 if you need 12 for all the eye candy.

-Lowering P cores to 55x, BUT its not a solution, eventually the need to reload new things will crash again.

-Crash every instance of the runing of the game until you crashed on all the events, crash when start the app, crash when lobby opens, crash when  loading the match, crash when opening lego, and so ON. once you crashed once on all of those the game opens and works without issue on DX12. 

So, there is def something wrong hardware wise that's not a failed component, more like a particular programing issue wich one of the developers or the engeniering teams needs to fix. Nvidia is in denial of recognize the issue on they issues detected section, and Intel has not even aknowledge this issue neither. but it's getting a very bad thing to be a beta tester of such a costly tech.

hope i have help anybody with issues on all of this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Check this out:

• Refer to the recommended settings that are available for your processor.
  • You can explore the game forum dedicated to addressing the issue. Specifically, you might want to refer to discussions on resolving the Fortnite crashes, How to fix Fortnite crashes and technical issues.

Scan your system using Intel® System Support Utility so that Intel will reviewed the specification that you have.

Cheers,

0 Kudos