Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15282 Discussions

I5-11600k and motherboard msi b560m pro-e incompatibility

milton32
Beginner

Hi, i´m having truble with a I5-11600k and motherboard msi b560m pro-e.

They work bad connected toghether but when i try them separetly they work fine.

using them toghether im having random erros that don´t apear every day.

when the error apears the screen trhows randoms colors and mixes letter, the event viewer throw igfxn error not responding, and in the worst of the cases it stays all the screen white.

I update bios, drivers of processor an motherboard, try different hard drives, different power supply, different monitor and the error still appear.

Only it disappears when y use the processor with other mother or the mother with other processor.

I don´t know what else tu try and warranty don´t take the components due to working fine separately.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like you have to work this out with MSI.  You said the processor works fine, so MSI needs to tell you why  it does not work on their board.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

I tried to search your processor here: Compatible motherboards , and yes your processor is compatible with the motherboard you've mentioned, so it's a bit strange why the error appears on the screen. I think you need to contact your motherboard because you've told us that you tried some swap testing of the motherboard and CPU.

Cheers,

0 Kudos