Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15278 Discussions

Frequent "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout" Bluescreens when using Photoshop or gaming

PZ31
Beginner

I purchased an LG 17Z95P-K.AAE8U1 laptop earlier this year, and it works fine for the most part.  However, it seems like nearly every day I'll get a blue screen when using Photoshop.  The editing I'm doing is usually not very intensive either when I get the system crash.

I also had quite a few blue screens while playing Deus Ex (from 2000)  Not sure why that game would cause the system to crash.

The error message is always "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout".  I believe this is related to the Intel 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHZ process I'm using.  

I've attached the TXT file generated from the SSU program.

I'm not sure if the GPU could be a potential source of this problem, but I am using the Intel® Iris® Xe.  When I used the newest drivers, I noticed more problems in Photoshop, so I ended up rolling back to the May drivers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello PZ31,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Were both Photoshop and Deus Ex working fine at some point before? If so, when did the issue start?
  • Make sure both programs are updated.
  • Did you install Windows 10 on your laptop, or it came with it pre-installed already?
  • Make sure there are no pending Windows updates.

As well, please perform the following steps:

Latest DCH drivers 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello PZ31,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Were both Photoshop and Deus Ex working fine at some point before? If so, when did the issue start?
  • Make sure both programs are updated.
  • Did you install Windows 10 on your laptop, or it came with it pre-installed already?
  • Make sure there are no pending Windows updates.

As well, please perform the following steps:

Latest DCH drivers 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
PZ31
Beginner

Since this is a new laptop, I've had the problems with both Photoshop and Deus Ex ever since I first started using them.  Never had a problem like this on my old HP Laptop with an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU. 

Both programs are using the latest updates.  

I've got Windows 10 pre-installed from the factory, and fully updated.

I ran the Intel Diagnostic Tool and everything passed, no problems.

I'll try doing a clean install of the graphics card drivers next.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information.

Please let us know the outcome of the clean installation as soon as you can.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
PZ31
Beginner

I did the clean installation and haven't encountered any problems yet.  I'll let you know if I experience another crash.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to hear you have not had any issues after the clean installation.

Please let us know if you consider this as solved, or would like to wait a few more days to ensure the issue does not persist.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos