Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Geometric measurements of Intel Sockets

igel
Beginner

Hey there,

we are developing a cooler for CPUs and were wondering were we could find PDFs that describe the Intel LGA sockets.

Especially interesting for us is the placement of the mounting holes for the cooler, as well as the hight of the CPU lid.

We could find some bits of Information around the internet, but I'd like to get it first hand...

Kind regards,
Toby

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello igel,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with details about the specific processor and LGA socket you need so we can search for the information.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
igel
Beginner

Thank you very much for the reply.

I found papers:

LGA1150 Application Guide
These sockets should physically be identical: 1151, 1155, 1156, 1200?

LGA2011 Thermal Mechanical Specification and Design Guide

LGA2011-3 Thermal Mechanical Specification and Design Guide
This socket should be identical: 2066?

LGA3647 Thermal Mechanical Specification and Design Guide

So what we're missing are papers on the 1200 and 2066 sockets, unless they are physically identical to one of the above. I still would like to take a peak inside the guides for those sockets.

What we couldn't find anything on, is the upcoming LGA1700. This would be particularly interesting as its geometry should be different from anything above.

Kind regards,

Toby

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello igel,

Thank you very much for the information.

I will check this internally and post back with more details soon.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello igel,

Thank you for patiently waiting. As per the information you are requesting we recommend you to check on our website Intel® Resource & Design Center, which provides technical Resources for Customers, Designers, Engineers, and Developers. Also, you are going to have access to personalized content, leverage Intel's design, and training tools, and find solutions for your industry.

Please keep in mind that you have to do the registration process to create the account on the Intel* Resource & Design Center.

1. Basic Registration Form

2. Click “Submit” to complete the registration

Note: Clicking 'Submit' confirms your acceptance of the Intel Terms of Use and understanding of the Intel Privacy Policy.

3. On the automated email notification received from wsm-postmaster@intel.com, click on the link to verify the registration request. You will be granted immediate access to the RDC site.

Also, you can contact your Field Application Engineer (FAE) and if no FAE has been assigned to your account then the best would be to contact an Intel Authorized Distributor.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos