Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Guidance how to check new I7 7700K

AOrle
Beginner

Hello everybody

I need support to get professional knowledge how to deal with brand new I7 7700K under warranty -

What kind of steps should be advisable for diagnostics and what is not recommended.

How am I supposed be sure that I made tests well not to lose warranty and be sure that model I receive is working from very first begining.

-------------------

Regards

AOrlecki

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Best thing you can do is run the Intel Processor Diagnostics tool. It can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Best thing you can do is run the Intel Processor Diagnostics tool. It can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AOrle
Beginner

Thanks for reply .

I already installed without problem IPDT- Version: 4.0.0.29 on following platform with Windows 10x64 -

Motherboards ASUS Z170-A

Intel Core i7 -7700K @ 4,20 Ghz

MSI -Nvidia GTX 970

HyperX Fury DDR4, 2x8GB, 2133MHz, CL14 (HX421C14FB2/8)

Test passed with success only small freezing on screen for few seconds during test - so I could presume good first step on mu new procesor .

The same IPDT- Version: 4.0.0.29 on other platform 3 years old (Laptop) with Windows 10x64 as well same compilation (1703) -

Motherboards Micro-Star International Co. Ltd.- MS-1763 (Motherboard Chipset INTEL HM87 (Lynx Point) 

Intel Core i7 -4800MQ @ 2,70Ghz

MSI -Nvidia GTX 880M ,

Kingston DDR3 SDRAM, 2x8GB, 1600MHz, /PC3-12800)

all passed well without any visible malfunction as well.

And what wondering me to compare results on both of them that on old platform MSI compare with new Asus reults for grafics are extremely different taking in account FPS.

What could be possible sources or reason such differences between. I could confirm that all supposed to fine but I ask Your opinion

Regards

AOrlecki

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not completely sure that I understand what you are asking. Are you concerned because of the difference in frame rates? This can be caused by something as simple as having a larger, higher (pixel) density monitor (for example, a 720p monitor in the first case and a 1080p monitor in the second).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AOrle
Beginner

Looks that pixels density monitor's are same (1080p ) but on board of the laptop are 2 grafic cards : one of that grafic cards Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 connected with monitor laptop working with NVIDIA GTX 880M

They work alternately depending on the graphics requirements - this is missing from the Asus Z170A. You can connect to the HDMI integrated graphics processor - Intel® HD Graphics support graphics support the processor to support acceleration but need to make settings on the motherboard bios and reset the HDMI-W cables. In laptops this can be avoided.

Let me know if I'm wrong or there is something else ? - and thanks for Guide me regarding first Steps for Test I7 7700K!

Regards

0 Kudos