Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14946 Discussions

HIGH CPU TEMP

saketsheoran
Beginner

I have laptop with i5 - 13450hx processor and rtx 3050 - 6gb vram . My idle cpu temp remains about 40 - 55 C when my room temperature is about 15 C . But whenever i do a high end task like playing games or benchmark my cpu spikes suddenly to 100 C causing performance drop . I have run the Intel Processor Diagnostics Tool and it shows pass . So is there a way to stop the temperature going up ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, regarding your idle temperatures, these are not unreasonable levels for the idle state when dealing with a laptop.

Regarding the jump to 100c, this is not necessarily an issue. There is no chance of *any* cooling subsystem keeping up with the processor's (seemingly instantaneous) temperature changes. Whether you should be concerned depends upon whether you are seeing temperatures staying in the vicinity of 100c. This would be an indication of an inadequate, poorly designed/implemented or poorly configured cooling subsystem. Over time, the cooling subsystem is supposed to pull the temperature back down to more-reasonable levels (say, 90c or lower).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos