Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

How can I install two HID Keyboard Drivers at once?

KFink
Beginner

I am plugging a MIDI to USB keyboard into my machine. All of my drivers are up to date for both my MIDI keyboard and my QWERTY keyboard; however, I am unable to have both my MIDI keyboard and my QWERTY keyboard plugged in and functioning simultaneously. If I plug in the MIDI keyboard while the QWERTY is plugged in, it will not work. But if I unplug the QWERTY and plug in the MIDI, the MIDI will work without a hitch. And vice versa. I tried three different USB ports (all 2.0, as it is a cheap keyboard) for my QWERTY and it still will not work if the MIDI is in. This does not affect other USB ports and devices. I have my mouse and external hard drive plugged in and both work all throughout the process. As soon as I unplug the MIDI, the QWERTY works, and if I unplug the QWERTY, the MIDI works.

The problem is that the device reads both under the same HID Keyboard driver, and won't let both function at the same time. I was talking with Windows tech support, and they said I can download another copy of the HID Keyboard driver and use both at the same time. Is this possible? If so, could someone please help me find a download for the driver? I can't seem to find it on Intel's website.

My processor is an Intel Core I5-3350P.

4 GB RAM

Windows 7 64bit

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's a question for Microsoft, not Intel. Why didn't they help you all the way to success?

0 Kudos
KFink
Beginner
They said it was an Intel driver? I guess they were wrong. So it's a Microsoft driver after all?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, it is.

0 Kudos