Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop ant the processor is 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(T M) i3-7020U Processor (3MB Cac he, 2.30 GHz), which have BGA socket and I want to upgrade into i5 processor please guide me what should I do for upgrade this socket

PChau26
Beginner

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop ant the processor is 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(T M) i3-7020U Processor (3MB Cac he, 2.30 GHz), which have BGA socket and I want to upgrade into i5 processor please guide me what should I do for upgrade this socket

I know this is is upgradable by a smart technician​

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask Dell what processors are compatible with their bios, then you COULD select from those, if your processor were not soldered to the motherboard, which it is.

Said simply, you cannot upgrade your processor.

Doc

0 Kudos
BStew11
Beginner

As previously stated. Your cpu is soldered to the motherboard. The only upgrades you can really complete with your laptop is 1. add some additional RAM, 2. Upgrade internal storage to an SSD (unless it already has one).

At one point, Lenovo Thinkpad's had removable cpu's which could be upgraded. Unsure if this is still the case in todays Thinkpad's. But to my knowledge, that was one of the only model notebooks which had removable chips.

0 Kudos