Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

I have a big problems in the video games.

GJoac
Beginner

Hello, I have an intel core i5 4670k and for some time, I have problems on video games, I send you to the following link to find :

https://youtu.be/q1JGKwaaQg8

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/32/2/1502212546-20170808-190356-10.jpg

to remedy this problem, so I disable the 4th heart when using these games and there was no more bug. I would like to know how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

We will be able to help more knowing your your system configuration. Please Download Intel System Support Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- . Next, please run the SSU scan and saved results, please attach to your post.

Leon

GJoac
Beginner

Hi leon, here is the document:

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I look at the report you have attached. I can see that the drivers and bios are updated. However the Windows is still in version 1803, while now is version 1903 released.
  2. Checking the release notes of your Graphics Card driver on page 16 I can find Note: "Fixed Frame Rate Games Some games and applications are designed to run at a fixed frame rate, and consequently do not take advantage of NVIDIA G-Sync. To prevent issues, G-Sync may be disabled for those applications. " https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/430.86/430.86-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf
  3. If disabling G-Sync is not solving your problem, my advice is to address your question to NVIDIA.

Leon

GJoac
Beginner

The problem comes from the processor because during a stress test, the core 4 has a problem just 3 seconds of testing

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you checked your processor with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792 ? It failed the test? If yes, you should issue warranty replacement.

Leon

GJoac
Beginner

Helo, Yes, I used this software to detect anything abnormal.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

So, if understand correctly, your CPU failed test performed with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool ? If the thermal solution is working (i.e. fan, heat-sink) and the temperatures are in the range, your CPU failed and you need to replace it.

Leon

GJoac
Beginner

Helo, the utility did not find a problem, according to this software my processor works well, I can send you a screen if you want to.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm loosing you. Can't help you any more. As I've written in my previous post, ask NVIDIA.

Leon

GJoac
Beginner

Hi, I already asked nvidia, they brought me nothing more. You have to know that I change the graphics card and the bug is still there.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GJoac,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

1. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the report to this thread

2. You mentioned that the 4th core has a problem. Could you please attach a picture showing this issue? Which utility did you use during this stress test?

3. Two or three games you are having this issue with?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

GJoac
Beginner

Hello, here is the intel diagnostic report :

I discovered the reason for my problem when a game (oxygen not included) only crashed for memory problems. The idea comes to disable in the task manager the 4th heart by changing the affinity of the game and it to walk. I then use this manipulation on other games successfully. I also discovered this problem with the stress test :Capture.PNG

This problem happens to all games except minecraft and arma 3. This problem has conquest of one, to crash the game with an error message related to the memory (oxygen not includ, no man's sky) or graphic deformations like the examples I showed on my first message.

0 Kudos
GJoac
Beginner

Helo, It is by playing a game that I find this problem. Indeed the latter having crashes incent for fault memory, so I decided to change the affinity of this game and there was more problem. I tried this manipulation on other games and there was no problem at all.

I can also show you the result of a stress test :Capture.PNG

This problem happens to all game games except minecraft or arma 3. This problem can lead to crash like oxygen not included or even no man's sky. All the other games like the ones I mentioned above have graphic deformations.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GJoac,

Thank you for attaching the report.

Based on the the information provided, your processor has no temperature issues.

For example, 

Current Junction Temperature is 53C

Current Degrees Below Max    52C

Maximum Target Temp Allowed 105C

Test Result - PASS

Expected Greater than 1 degrees below max

Received 52 degrees below max

Test PASSED

It also detected the following frequencies:

Expected CPU Frequency: 3.40

Detected CPU Frequency: 4.09993

Expected Base Clock: 100

Detected Base Clock: 99.9984

Based on the information provided, we recommend checking the following information:

1. Are you running your system within specifications? Try loading default settings to make sure your system is running within specifications.

Processor Base Frequency 3.40 GHz

Max Turbo Frequency 3.80 GHz

2. Keep in mind that according to the report, your Intel® Processor is healthy.

3. The issues you are experiencing seems to be a compatibility issue: Try these steps and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Run the game as Administrator:

• Right-click the game executable file.
  • Click Run as Administrator.
  • When prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) click Yes.

2. Run the game in Compatibility mode:

• Right-click the game executable file.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the Compatibility tab.
  • Enable the option Run this program in compatibility mode for:
  • Select the compatible Operating System from the drop-down menu.
  • Click Apply.

4. Try booting your system with one memory module at the time and check for RAM failure.

Wanner G.

GJoac
Beginner

Helo, I already reinvent windows 10, without success. I started in accounting windows 7 and windows 8 but the problem is still there. I also launched a memtest(test of ram), it has detected no error from the ram.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GJoac,

Thank you for the update.

Have you tried lowering the in-game settings for testing purposes?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
GJoac
Beginner

helo, reduce graphics settings ?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GJoac,

Try adjusting video settings to its lowest value (i.e. Low, Medium, etc.) to check if your system meets the requirements to run the game at its highest performance.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
GJoac
Beginner

I have already tried this manipulation, it does not affect.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GJoac,

This does not seems to be a processor issue based on the information we have gathered about your system.

Have you tried running the games with the processor graphics only? If you try this option, we recommend installing your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers first. Then you can try installing generic drivers available at our Download Center.

1. GA-B85M-D3H Downloads

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

2. For Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Wanner G.

0 Kudos