Masoud1987
Beginner

Hi there,

I have a computer with the following specifications:
- Processor: Intel i5 2500
- Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S2PT
- RAM: 12GB DDR3 with a frequency of 1600MHz and CL11 latency
- Graphics card: Asus GT730 with 2GB GDDR5 memory

I was wondering if this system configuration is compatible with each other? Also, what type of RAM can I use for this system?

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
x_Rage
Novice

Hello, here is the list of officially supported RAM for your board. In general, it can be used much more, but no one can guarantee that they will work. You have to try it or buy RAM from that sheet.

SUPPORTED RAM 

0 Kudos
Masoud1987
Beginner

Is this type of RAM good for my system?

The Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Black Board RAM is a type of computer memory module with a capacity of 8 gigabytes. It is manufactured by Kingston Technology and is part of their HyperX Fury product line. The RAM module is designed to operate at a clock speed of 1600 megahertz and has a latency of CL10. The black board design is a common feature of the HyperX Fury product line, which is known for its high performance and stylish design. It is compatible with DDR3 memory slots, which are commonly found in older computer systems.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to be consulting with Gigabyte as far as any compatibility with their motherboard is concernted.

Also, your processor is discontinued and not supported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @Masoud1987,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge, and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carlos L.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos