Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15632 Discussions

I5 12400 multiplier

VRKHNV
Beginner
hi, i bought an intel 12400 processor and i have a question. the cpu-z program shows the cpu multiplier as 4-44, but in all the reviews i looked at, the cpu multiplier was 8-44. Is this normal? Revision C0, SRL4V, X202N803
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VRKHNV,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

You should know that the information you are seeing is from a third-party software; we don't validate this type of software because we have no control or understanding of how they work and test the processor to report this information. 

Have you experienced any performance issues with your system?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VRKHNV
Beginner
I so love it. yes i have an issue. I don't know if I bought a right working sample or a defective one
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VRKHNV,

Thanks for your response.

For testing your CPU, you can try using our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. (Intel IPDT) :

• Download the Intel PDT (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool)
  • Once installed, the Intel® PDT starts testing the processor using the default configuration. Two windows might appear to show the test is in progress.
  • When the Intel® PDT completes, the testing status will display either a PASS or FAIL.
  • Alternatively, you can open or save the test results file every time after the test run by clicking on file > view results file, file, then save as to any location you specify.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VRKHNV,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VRKHNV,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos