Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I5-6600K not detected through Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

AOliv14
Beginner

I've installed an I5-6600K that I've received through RMA in the same PC that the dead processor was. As I tried to update the drivers through Intel® Driver & Support Assistant the message was: Sorry, there were no products detected.

The IGPU it´s not working and i think it´s a driver problem. How can I solve this situation?

kind regards

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With regard to the IDSA tool, there is no issue. There are no drivers for the processor. The Chipset Software (aka INF Update) package is the only thing necessary and presumably this was installed while you were running with the original processor, so there's nothing to do.

With regards to any issues you are (still) seeing, please explain yourself better. I have no idea what you mean by "IGPU".

...S

0 Kudos
AOliv14
Beginner

Before I install this new processor I used to run the IDSA and it used to recommend some updates , i don´t know exactly for which device, perhaps the mobo chipset. With this new processor the IDSA informs that no products were detected. The only thing that has changed in my PC is the nem processor that the RMA sent me.

What I meant about the IGPU I think it´s called Intel HD Graphics , it´s not working with the new processor.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Intel HD Graphic package would have been installed while you had the previous processor running. Unless a new version is available, it isn't going to ask you to do anything.

What do you mean by "not working"? Do you mean that you have no display? It doesn't sound like this is the case.

...S

0 Kudos
AOliv14
Beginner

I'm using a discrete Graphic Card , cause when i use through the mobo hdmi/dpi connector nothing happens. I changed the mobo bios for using such connectors, removed the discrete gpu card but nothing shows up on my display.

I tried to manually uninstall/reinstall the intel hd graphics driver and then received such a message: this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Besides that the new processor temperature is around 15°C above the previous processor in idle.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If the Intel HD Graphics engine is disabled, as it would normally be when a discrete graphics card is installed, then you are going to see this message if you attempt to install the Intel HD Graphics driver. Forget about this issue for now; there is no point worrying about the Windows driver until you have the Intel HD Graphics working within the BIOS environment. Since you haven't mentioned what board you are using, I can't really help you with the BIOS configuration for this. If the BIOS configuration is set to its defaults, all you should have to do is remove the discrete graphics card and connect the monitor to one of the board's connectors. You should not have to change the BIOS configuration at all; likely the changes you have made are what is responsible for the issues you are seeing.

...S

0 Kudos
AOliv14
Beginner

I'm using Asus Maximus VIII Hero and after all the issues i'm facing i've changed the bios to its optimal default settings and it did not resolve any of the problems. I already reassemble the cpu into mobo , reapplying thermal paste but the temperature keeps on average 15°C above the previous CPU.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ettinger: I just wanted to check if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
AOliv14
Beginner

The problem remains the same: high temperatures and the video only works using a discrete video card. Intel support attendant concluded that the processor it´s not responsible for these circunstances and the mobo is causing the problem. Ergo, I'm waiting for the processor reach a condition that requires RMA or upgrade time. Meanwhile, I will stick with this unsatisfactory processor performance.

kind regards,

Alexandre

0 Kudos
Leon_Merts
New Contributor II

Hi Ettinger,

Have you checked the Asus forum? It seems this problem has occurred before and the display used seemed to be the problem (some time ago).

See: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75152-How-to-enable-integrated-graphics-on-Hero-VIII https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75152-How-to-enable-integrated-graphics-on-Hero-VIII

I hope this might help.

Regards,

Leon Merts

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ettinger: Thank you for providing those results. We are sorry to hear the PC is not working properly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With regards to your high temperatures, if the replacement processor is the same model as the previous, then the thermal envelope for the replacement processor is going to be very similar to that of the previous. From this, I conclude that you likely need to reinstall the processor. Remove the heatsink-fan unit, thoroughly clean the top surface of the processor and the bottom surface of the heatsink-fan unit, apply new TIM and then remount the heatsink-fan unit (ensuring that the heatsink-fan unit is firmly and properly attached to the processor and board).

...S

0 Kudos