Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities

I7 3700k

diraj
Beginner
Hello all. I am finally finishing building my computer. Can someone please tell me where I can get an official inel I7 3700k processor. There are so many fake made in China and Hong Kong ones out there. I need an official intel processor
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you mean a Core i7-3770K? If you do, that 'new computer' should really be 'new old computer'. Almost all of the 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) processors have been discontinued already. Support for them in Windows 10 is being phased out fairly quickly (especially graphics). This will also make procuring one more difficult, especially if your goal is to get a 'new' processor. I am not sure what to suggest insofar as procurement in that part of the world is concerned. Do you have access to Amazon? If so, have you checked there for a processor? Ali-baba is another possibility, though a lot of processors there are second-hand - but that may be all that is available regardless.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you mean a Core i7-3770K? If you do, that 'new computer' should really be 'new old computer'. Almost all of the 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) processors have been discontinued already. Support for them in Windows 10 is being phased out fairly quickly (especially graphics). This will also make procuring one more difficult, especially if your goal is to get a 'new' processor. I am not sure what to suggest insofar as procurement in that part of the world is concerned. Do you have access to Amazon? If so, have you checked there for a processor? Ali-baba is another possibility, though a lot of processors there are second-hand - but that may be all that is available regardless.

...S

0 Kudos