Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

I9 10900K Turbo Boost Max 3.0

Niskon
Beginner

Hey,

So i just upgraded my pc with the new I9 10900K processor and with the Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490 Motherboard.

I have the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 active on the BIOS, but in windows when i try to open the program i got the error: ITBM Driver Not Available, Exixting the Application.

And i cant find the way to solve this, already tried to unninstall and other methods.

The BIOS is the most recent version and windows 10 runs the latest version too.

Need help because i want to get the best performance possible with this processor.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Niskon,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

As you may know, the Turbo Boost Technology is a feature that will automatically run the processor core faster than the base frequency. However, for this to be possible the processor must be working under certain conditions: working in the appropriate power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). 

The Operating system has native support for Intel® Turbo® Boost Max 3.0, therefore, no additional software is required for the use of this feature. As you have the latest version of Windows* the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology should work as expected.

There are several Intel-released tools that will help to determine that the processor frequency

is running at Turbo Boost frequency. You can run the following software: 

Intel® Processor Identification Utility (This tool will show the measured and expected frequency) 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (This tool will perform several stress tests to determine that the processor is

working as expected) 

I hope this helps. 

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Niskon,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Niskon
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

Sorry for the late reply,

Thank you for the attention. 

Everything seems fine with the 10900k and the boost, he can reach 5.0Mhz in all cores with no problems at all and no overclock in the bios.

Best regards 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Niskon,

Thank you so much for the update.

I understand, I’m glad to know that the unit is working as expected now.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos