Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14695 Discussions

I9 13900k

MarkPark1
Beginner

Im cooling the cpu in a water loop. I have 2 of these raidiator's shorturl.at/kluJR could the radiators be the problem? i have 6 corsair sp120 rgb fans for cooling. I have a corsair dc5 water pump and corsair hydro x seriese xc7 water block. Im running the fans on 100% and the pump is on full also.

I can not keep the cpu cool its allways at 100degreese and then drops to 80 then back up to 100 degreese. If i run cinebench the temp sits at 100 degreese and i get 33000 score.

Intel extrem also allways has thermal throttle in red when at 100 degrese

If any one has any info that could help me cool my cpu i would be highly appreciate. This is 4 hours gaming on the game rust

MarkPark1_0-1680979161326.png

Edit i found in the bios no limits 90 degree max temp on the z690 gaming wifi a board and im sat at 48 degreese to 43 watching youtube

2nd edit : if you use the asus ai suite 3 power plan it runs at 100 degrees constantly, if you playing games use the balanced power plan and the temps are not as bad and if you just watching youtube use the power saving mode as the cores clock down so much and no thermal throttle

Regards mark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You must have a problem with the water cooling system. Is it connected to the appropriate headers on the motherboard to control the fans and pump with a proper linear response curve?

...S

0 Kudos
MarkPark1
Beginner

Thank you for the reply scott. I have dissasembled the whole system today and re done the water pump wires and fans to the commander pro. Corsair say to use fan header 6 on the commander pro for the water pump. I have tried it in this header and also on the motherboard itself.  I can control the fans via icue software and the pump also. I have re seated the cpu waterblock also to no avail.

The only way i can get temps under controll is to underclock the cpu to 5.2 ghz on p cores.

MarkPark1_0-1681059899942.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not sure what else to suggest. There's definitely a problem. Talk to the cooling and motherboard vendors.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
MarkPark1
Beginner

i took apart the cpu block and all the fins where blocked with slime and something was growing in the raidiators. I cleaned it all out and flushed the system. I purchased some ek cryofuel premix and temps are great now. Thanks for putting me down the right road scott

MarkPark1_0-1681139252619.png

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"all the fins where blocked with slime and something was growing in the raidiators"

You should also contact the health department.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos