14402 Discussions

INQUIRY A I7-1165G7 CPU FREQUENCY

A-R
Beginner

Hello, Hope you all doing well I just bought dell 14 inspiron 5000 series 4502

with i7-1165g7 which it's base frequency is  @2.80ghz 

But when i open properties about the laptop it shows me that 

11th gen intel(r) core(tm) i7-1165g7 @2.80ghz  1.69ghz  

what does that means isn't should be the same like any processor or that's a factory defect?

any help 

attached two pics one for my laptop 

and one is hp from the web shows @2.80 @2.80 

your quick response will be highly appreciated

Best regards

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This simply means that the processor is not busy enough to require a higher clock speed and is running at a lower level to save power, thermals, etc.. Make the system busy enough when you run properties and you will see the higher clock speed.

...S

0 Kudos
A-R
Beginner
Thanks for your care sir
Yes already trying to make it busy there's changing in the speed but the samE base speed still at 1.69... I understand what you are saying but the base speed shouldn't be @2.80 first of all as the i7-1165g7 runs ... I was thinking that was a factory defect
Best regards
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

A-R, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the base frequency of the Intel® Processor persists and if you still need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
A-R
Beginner
Thanks in advance for your help
Hope you are doing well
As i posted with the pics I don't what if that's a problem or not is it supposed to be 1.69 GHz the base speed for the i7-1165g7 or not as per the attached files
Hope you answer me with a clarification
Your quick response will be highly appreciated
Best regards
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

A-R, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

For this scenario, please make sure that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your board and that you are working at stock configuration with the default BIOS settings.

We also recommend to run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility, it will show the base frequency the Intel® Processor should have and the base frequency that it is being detected by the system:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28539/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Version

Same thing with the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, which does an overall test on the unit. If the unit passes the test it indicates that the Intel® Processor is working fine and we can rule out a possible hardware problem with that component. It will also show you the base frequency to which your Processor is running at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
A-R
Beginner
Hello Albert
Thanks for your follow-up I appreciate it
Hope you are doing well
But I can't have access to the laptop right now I'll have it about 11th of June then I'll do as you recommended and I'll get back to you
I hope it will be okay
Best regards
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello A-R, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello A-R, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates, hope you are doing well too.

Perfect, no problem at all, go ahead and take your time, I will do a follow-up on this case on Monday, June 14th to verify if there are any updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
A-R
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

A-R, You are very welcome.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello A-R, I just wanted to check if you were able to run the tools and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
A-R
Beginner

Hello Alberto 

Thanks for your help i've done the tests you told me to do the Intel® Processor Identification Utility i'll attach 3 pics of what it told me from 1 to 3

and Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit i'll attach 1 pic of what it shows (the 4th screenshot)

your quick response will be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

best regards

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello A-R, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing the results and the pictures.

In reference to the screenshots from the Intel® Identification Utility, it looks great, as you can see in there, the base frequency detected is 

2.80 GHz and actually the frequency reported is 3.56 GHz, which means the Intel® Turbo Boost feature is working as well.

Now, regarding the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test, it should pass the test to rule out a possible hardware problem with the unit, it is not normal for the processor to fail the test. 

So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of your mobile device for them to do a physical inspection on the computer, to confirm if there might be a problem with the processor itself or with any other component in your system, warranty options may apply in this case.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos