Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15136 Discussions

Inquiry regarding Pentium 4, Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo processors

will540
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I am reaching out to you to request specific information regarding the Pentium 4, Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo processors in order to assess their compatibility with our current IT environment. We want to ensure that these processors are capable of efficiently running the following software and features:

• Windows 10 22H2 Enterprise 64-bit
  • Microsoft Office 2016
  • Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
  • Symantec Antivirus version 14 (client)
  • Up-to-date drivers and software
  • Intensive web browsing for our users

We want to ensure that the aforementioned processors can handle these software and features adequately without encountering any performance or compatibility issues.

Additionally, we would like to obtain information on the latest available microcode updates for these processors to ensure their security and stability.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with information on the following:

1. Compatibility of Pentium 4, Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo processors with the aforementioned software and features.
  2. Availability of microcode updates for these processors, including the dates of the latest updates.

This information is crucial for us to make informed decisions regarding our IT infrastructure and ensure that our systems are secure and perform optimally.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and we remain available for any further information.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

All of those processors are discontinued and not supported.

As far as your software being compatible with them, you need to ask the software developers.

There are no updates.  Intel has removed all of the support files.  If you are talking about bios updates, contact the motherboard manufacturers.

I am skeptical about an IT environment running on 20+ year old processors.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

will540
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your insights regarding the processors in question. I understand that the Pentium 4, Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo processors are discontinued and no longer supported by Intel.

0 Kudos