Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14574 Discussions

Intel i9 a3900kf frozen

onurtuna
Beginner

I have intel i913900kf and my computer frozen when we try to start it. firstly display doesn't show on monitor and i assumne there is a problem in my GPU or pci-e 5.0 slot (Msi 4080 gaming x trio) and i try it on to pci-e 4.0 slot and i assumed there is no problem on GPU and there is a problem on pci-e 5.0 slot and i send it to the service. service said "everytihng fine on your mo/bo and your pcie 5.0 works fine". when i set up my computer after service there is no display again and i send it back seconde times. they said "it works fine" again. then i tried third times and there was no display so i decided to send them with GPU,MoBo and PowerSupply and they said "it's all fine" and they send a very detailed test video and send them back. when i tried again and i tried to cut off some of cooler's 5v and suddenly display showed. finally i could make it worked but after a little bit time it started to frozen and i assumed mobo power management has a problem and i send it back to service 4th time. 

So, i bought a new mo/bo (gigabyte z790) and display came in a short time and computer frozen again. i cut off some coolers and started again but some times display come sometimes not. ıf i can get any display computer forzen in a minute or two. By the way i have a  very powerful liquid cooler system (msi mag 360) and i know how to use the thermal compounds and i also follow the temparature when it's working (not above 42 celcius and its very cool) 

so, i decided to put my spare cpu which is i5 13600kf and voila!!! it all works amazingly fine. what should i do  with my i9? is there any technical service in Turkey ? 

My configuration:

Intel i913900KF (İ have also if 13600 kf) 

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI 7000MHz(OC) DDR5 /  GIGABYTE Z790 UD AX 7600MHz DDR5 motherboards

GSKILL 32GB (2x16GB) TRIDENT Z5 NEO DDR5 6000MHz CL32 1.35V PC Ram  (2 pieces total 64gb)

MSI RTX 4080 GAMING X TRIO GPU

MSI MPG A1000G 1000W 80+ GOLD PSU

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2

Samsung 2TB 980 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD

Kingston NV2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 2000G M.2 2280 - SNV2S/2000G

MSI MAX F12A-3H Chasis cooler set Argb

Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Argb 3 in 1 Chasis cooler set

SilverStone Air Blazer 120R ARGB SST-AB120R-ARGB Exhaust fan

Thanks 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF Processor.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you able to access the BIOS?

2. When did the issue start? Was the i9-13900KF working before?

3. Do you get any LED beep codes from the motherboard?

4. Did you overclock the processor or used Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
onurtuna
Beginner

22 Haz 2023 Per, saat 13:03 tarihinde onur tuna <REMOVED> şunu yazdı:
Hello Deivid A.

1-Some times I can see the bios

2-until msi rgb fault message everything was perfect I’m gonna share the whole story

3-no codes on it or I can’t get how to read it

4-in bios my mobo says rams was 4800 but in real our my rams are 6000mhz. So I decided to put manually.but I don’t know the xmp thing

0 Kudos
onurtuna
Beginner
Hello Deivid,

I’ve gone abroad for my job. When I’m back to my home, I’m going to do exactly what you are saying and I let you update about situation

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your issue, please try the following:

1. Make sure that the RAM runs at DDR5 5600 or less since the CPU supports up to DDR5 5600.

2. Set BIOS to default settings.

3. Make sure that you are running the latest BIOS 7E06vA7. You may need to get in contact with MSI for the proper steps:

4. Run all the operating system updates, including the optional ones.

5. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the report:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I understand that you need more time to try the recommendation and collect the results.

I will wait for your next response.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello onurtuna,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
onurtuna
Beginner

Hi Deivid A.,

I hope you are well,

I was on vacation and i'm back tonite,

I'm gonna check it tomorrow and let you know about it

Thanks 

Onur