Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15480 Discussions

Intel Core 13th/14th Gen Boxed Desktop Processor Warranty Update

Thomas_Hannaford
Employee

*9/25/24 - Please go to the following link for the latest updates: Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen Desktop Processor Vmin Instability Issue Root Cause*

Intel is committed to making sure all customers who have or are currently experiencing instability symptoms on their 13th and/or 14th Gen desktop processors are supported in the exchange process. We stand behind our products, and in the coming days we will be sharing more details on two-year extended warranty support for our boxed Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen desktop processors.

In the meantime, if you are currently or previously experienced instability symptoms on your Intel Core 13th/14th Gen desktop system:

• For users who purchased systems from OEM/System Integrators – please reach out to your system manufacturer’s support team for further assistance.
  • For users who purchased a boxed CPU – please reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance.

At the same time, we apologize for the delay in communications as this has been a challenging issue to unravel and definitively root cause.

Labels (1)
53 Replies
aCNuser
New Contributor I

你好 想问一下售后换新的处理器保修期是按照原先的处理器计算还是单独有五年质保?

0 Kudos
SmartOne_2000
New Contributor II

I believe the warranty starts on the date of purchase. The Standard period is 3 years from the purchase date, and now they are talking about extending it another two years. It is unclear whether that extension will be free of charge.

0 Kudos
funky0308
Beginner

Of course it extends the warranty for two more years. The only move they could do except replacing all 13/14gen CPUs from market. Well knows move in auto industry, it should also be a standard in IT. 

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

I think it will definitely be free of charge, just like the first 3 year, it should be like to just simply change the warranty period from 3 to 5. It is intel's fault, not we users.

Actually, I have seen some opinion says that intel should extend the warranty period to five years and once customer get a replaced one, the 5-year warranty for the new one should be start from the day we get the new one.  And we should get full refund if the second replaced processor get failure.

pressed_for_time
Valued Contributor I

I have had warranty replacements for non-Intel products in the past and it's a standard thing that a replacement does not change the length of the warranty period or give you any other extended rights.

That said I welcome this as a reassurance for owners of boxed retail CPUs who are planning to keep their processors for up to 5 years.

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

so that means all legal boxed processors  will get +2 warranty right? even china?

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

I believe that is correct. I contacted intel China and they told me they just got this information, and that is true, but they have not get any detail. So we may need some time to see what is going to happen.

And by the way what do you mean "even china"?

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

woohoo !Great to hear this, most of time stuff like this was everywhere but china mainland my friend ;(  If we have a callback this time I am pretty sure china will be out of it(tian wang gai di hu xiong di)

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

我草 老哥你哪个省的,你也蓝屏了?

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

河北的 刚买主板就坏了 放在那没咋用 2023 10月批次的 也不知道是不是污染那批 理论上24年批次的就没事了  现在降频降压等8月BIOS :D 买九代就是大雷 14代又遇上这茬子事 害 

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

巧了我也河北的,世界真小啊哈哈哈哈

你这说实话我建议如果有时间,还是直接找intel售后吧,默认状态蓝屏会给你换的,万一抽到个不蓝的呢。

我现在这是第二个139k了,这俩都是到手就蓝,只能手动降频,现在在售后,另外我觉得八月份微码估计也解决不了问题,最多也就是优化下电压曲线和睿频策略这类的东西,现在我这u有一个核心缩到4.8才不会报错了,那个核心5.0都过不了p95,太抽象了。

只能说按照我的理解,12个月内出问题给换新,换新的在12个月内出问题再给换新,又换新完的处理器要是还是出问题的话那就会给你全额退款,能退就退吧,毕竟产品缺陷,没办法的事情。

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

我是14700k 没咋用 所以目前没缩也没蓝 因为主板坏了 折腾好几个月 又是itx 拆起来多痛苦你懂的 光这个月我都拆了7 8遍了 先用着吧  实在折腾不起了  8月BIOS是修电压算法 不会再有电压拉到1.6v的情况了 应该也不会再电缩肛了   说实话退了也要亏3千多的主板 还不如多换几个

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

哥们你这也太惨了我擦,哎,没办法,自己装机子出了点啥问题自己给自己售后真是头疼。

我去年八月装的机子,然后蓝屏到了十二月,最开始以为内存问题,后来发现4800也报错,然后又怀疑主板,把主板退回京东又遇到当时双十一售后爆仓,结果东西在售后仓库压了半个月最后给我退了款,然后又买了张板子,到手还是崩溃报错,然后又在京东买了一对内存,还是报错,给我搞的实在是人麻了......

又过了几周,某一天我躺床上的时候突然想起来可能是cpu坏了,,,,,,之前我一直是tm5和p95第三项随机报错怎么都消除不掉,想到这个原因之后从床上蹦起来,打开p95选第二项 秒报错,这才知道是CPU故障.......排查了四个月,最后从想到CPU故障到确定CPU故障只花了不到十分钟

只能说这种事绝大部分人一辈子都遇不到结果让咱们这帮倒霉蛋给碰上了......

主板也是,我问售后能不能帮协调一下,他们也说让我自己找京东和板厂协调去,那我能怎么办,只能说按照现在这情况,拿到退款之后还得买个intel的U,然后反正也得坏,到时候再退款吧

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

我到手看vid电压自动给那么高 默频满载都有1.34v虚高了  我就留了个心眼 只把内存在安全电压内超到8000就老实了(jdec 1.43v) 国外有拉到6g往上的 本来就高 算法再出错 电压奔着1.7去了都 吓人 能不坏吗那玩意 工艺问题可以去看Moore law is dead的视频 好像是说因为工厂的空调损坏导致一批晶圆被污染了 时间范围是2023年3月到六月

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

intel baseline也是抽象,看HWinfo读到的数值 有些核心最高电压能给到他妈的1.59v 太吓人了,十年前都没人敢这么给电压吧

0 Kudos
Aceicqs
Beginner

亲 有的  amd推土机  官司打了好久 最后每个人赔30美元

0 Kudos
aCNuser
New Contributor I

草 9590是吧哈哈哈哈