Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

Intel® Core™ i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz

Rieu
Beginner

My Intel® Core™ i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz is about 3 years old. I have had absolutely no issues with it till about 3 weeks ago. I noticed my computer became sluggish. I checked Performance in Task Manager and my processor ran less than 1 GHz. I went online and was able to fix that issue. But the processor is now stuck at 3.6GHz and will not engage turbo of any kind. I looked at my device manager and found there was error 32. I looked it up online and again found a fix. However, after rebooting, a new error popped up in device manager. The error states the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". I tried to research this but no fixes. I don't even understand the error because as far as I know, CPUs don't have drivers. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Rieu,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-9700KF.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard?

2. What is the BIOS version installed?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and share the report:

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Rieu
Beginner

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER, with BIOS version F11. My OS is Microsoft Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 Build 22621. I have attached the Diagnostic Test Results, as well as a screenshot of my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

processor Snip.jpg

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Rieu, 

Thanks for your response. I would like to let you know that the base frequency of the CPU is 3.60 GHz and is normal that the processor works at that frequency and the Turbo boost will increase it based on the operating system needs or tasks.

However, I would like you to try the following:

1. Run all the Windows optional updates.

2. As a test, try to restart your computer.

3. If possible, try to perform a fresh installation of Windows.

4. TRy to get in contact with Gigabyte to check if there is any malfunction with the board that may be affecting the CPU.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Rieu
Beginner

I already did steps 1 and 2 and hoped to avoid the Windows install. The screenshot I sent was the beginning of a stress test, so the CPU should have boosted by all rights. I will do the install and see if that works. If not I will call gigabyte. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Rieu, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I will proceed to close this thread since the last recommendation would be to check with the motherboard manufacturer.

However, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos