Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility refuses to launch

Oskar636PL
Beginner

So I bought this computer and haven't touched any of the hardware, wasn't that interested in what parts are in it, I learned about OC and I wanted to try it out using Intel's software, but the program just won't launch.
I tried re-installing it once, it did not fix the problem.
I am using the Intel I7-3930K processor.
My motherboard is Asus P9X79 DELUXE with version 4801 of BIOS.
My OS is Windows 10 version 1909.
I have attached the files from the Logs folder of IETU and also a detailed scan of my system from the Intel System Support application.
The program and task from what I can see actually launch (I can see the loading picture of it) but then just fail to start up properly and turn off.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Oskar636PL
Beginner

Thanks for nothing, thankfully I searched other threads about the XTU software to find the answer, the user AlHill answer's in this thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utillity-Silently-dies-after-Crash/m-p/1188069#M44731
Works. Just get an older version and try it out for anyone looking at this thread for help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Oskar636PL,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I was checking your post and I understand that you are experiencing some XTU startup problems , after checking your system specifications I need to inform you that due to this product being discontinued (Intel® Core™ i7-3930K.

Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.  

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your concern.   

That being said, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Oskar636PL
Beginner

Thanks for nothing, thankfully I searched other threads about the XTU software to find the answer, the user AlHill answer's in this thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utillity-Silently-dies-after-Crash/m-p/1188069#M44731
Works. Just get an older version and try it out for anyone looking at this thread for help.

0 Kudos