Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 (i7-8750h)

Ivagin
New Contributor II

Hello!

Why do I need the "Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911" module for the i7-8750H?

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1911&SUBSYS_12271462

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911 (SkylakeSystemGMM.inf)

Снимок экрана 2022-01-09 210221.png

In the Microsoft update center, I found the Intel GMM Scoring Accelerator driver version 1.2.0.961, but the 2015 driver.

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 (SkylakeSystemGMM.inf)

Снимок экрана 2022-01-09 210221.png

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

In the Microsoft update center, I found the Intel GMM Scoring Accelerator driver version 1.2.0.961, but the 2015 driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Ivagin, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we only provide support in English language and currently, we are using a translation tool.

In order for us to provide the most accurate to your inquiry, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Could you please provide a detailed description of what is the problem that you are seeing or what is the specific information that you are looking for?

What steps are you following to see that error message?

Are you planning to install and use the Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911"?

Is there any application that you are working with that needs the Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911"?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

MSI GS65 8RE
I bought a new laptop in 2018.
Why do need the "Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911" module for the i7-8750H in laptop?
There is no mistake.
I do not know because by default the module is disabled in the bios.
No.
Windows 11 Home 21H2
This is my personal laptop.
I will not publish information from the SSU in public access, since there are serial numbers there!

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Why do need the "Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911" module for the i7-8750H in laptop?

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Intel, where is the promised answer?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If the capability is disabled in the BIOS, the BIOS should have hidden the device completely so no runtime driver would be needed. If it isn't, then this is a BIOS bug (check with your motherboard vendor for an updated BIOS).

Just saying, I personally would have this enabled and the drivers loaded.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Read the documentation yourself. I am not going to spoon feed you an answer. There is lots online (including in Wikipedia).

...S

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

I did not ask you a question, but the intel support service!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Ivagin, Thank you very much for sharing those details about your system.

Yes, in this case, keep in mind that on a mobile device such as a laptop, everything is customized by the manufacturer of the computer, they can enable/disable BIOS settings as well as the features and functions of your device, they also provide the customized drivers tested and validated by them for the machine to comply with the features they advertised for this computer.

So, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the motherboard's manufacturer to report this scenario, to verify if they can replicate the issue using the same exact board that you are working with, if they have a driver for the "Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911" or a fix for this problem and for further assistance on this matter since all the features and functions related to the BIOS are supported by the manufacturer of the mobile device:

https://www.msi.com/support

Also, you can always get in contact with Microsoft support as well so they can also add additional details on this matter:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos