Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 (i7-8750h)

Ivagin
New Contributor II

Hello!

Why do we need the "Intel Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911" module and what is it responsible for in the i7-8750H processor or in the HM370 chipset?

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1911

Driver:

* Intel Gaussian Mixture Model - 1911 (SkylakeSystemGMM.inf)

Снимок экрана 2022-01-09 210221.png

* In the Microsoft update center, I found the Intel GMM Scoring Accelerator driver version 1.2.0.961, but the 2015 driver.

1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ivagin, 

In this case, the co-processor will be for the Intel Gaussian Mixture Model.

As mentioned previously, yes, the Intel Gaussian Mixture Model 1911 is a component of the Intel Neural Network Accelerator, or GNA for short. This is an AI co-processor inside the CPU die.

I hope you fund this information useful.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Hello! OK, provide me with an up-to-date generic driver.

0 Kudos
Lucas6
Beginner

We would like to know if your 8th generation product has the support of GNA in hardware. You only mentioned that it supports GMM, and GMM is only one of the components of GNA, and your CPU specification (advanced technology) does not have GNA support. , but we have seen GNA support in the advanced technology section of your product spec page after gen 10, please help clarify.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/134906/intel-core-i78750h-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-10-ghz/specifications.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/208661/intel-core-i71160g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz-with-ipu/specifications.html

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ivagin, 

In this case, for drivers regarding the Intel Gaussian Mixture Model, you must check with the manufacturer of your laptop or motherboard. 

Please refer to them for drivers and firmware.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Lucas6
Beginner

Thanks for your update!

I didn't mention the driver part, I just confirmed with you the part of the CPU hardware and the description of the corresponding CPU on your official website, could you provide a positive reply?

0 Kudos
Lucas6
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Any update??

0 Kudos