Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Intel Management & Security Application Error 201 - Aborting

JohnBriggs
Novice

Hello, I started recently seeing this message "Intel Management & Security Application Error 201 - Aborting" on my Dell Optiplex 990 MiniTower when My PC boots up and Reboots. It loads into operating system fine but I cannot find out how to fix this at all. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello JohnBriggs, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

As suggested by @AlHill, the best approach for this issue is checking directly with your system manufacturer (OEM) for possible drivers and BIOS updates that can fix this. 

The Intel® Management Engine Interface (MEI) is a layer within the motherboard BIOS that allows interaction between the Operating System (OS) and the BIOS itself, so the updates for the MEI are provided through the BIOS as well (provided by the OEM). 

My recommendation will be checking with Dell* for further support on those updates. Also, this can be a corrupted driver or file in your OS, which may require a reinstallation from OS, you can check with Microsoft* also for any help on this. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Haveyou contacted Dell support?

Have you updated your Dell BIOS?

Have you checked/updated the ME from Dell's downloads for your device?

JohnBriggs
Novice

Yes, No response

Yes

Not Sure what that is or if I have done it but I have all drivers installed for OS

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

But, did you check for any updates for your device from Dell?  Just go to their support page for your device and check for drivers that are urgent or recommended.

JohnBriggs
Novice

Yes, and the BIOS was it from 2018 and was already done and I even flashed it again to see if that would work. I just don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello JohnBriggs, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

As suggested by @AlHill, the best approach for this issue is checking directly with your system manufacturer (OEM) for possible drivers and BIOS updates that can fix this. 

The Intel® Management Engine Interface (MEI) is a layer within the motherboard BIOS that allows interaction between the Operating System (OS) and the BIOS itself, so the updates for the MEI are provided through the BIOS as well (provided by the OEM). 

My recommendation will be checking with Dell* for further support on those updates. Also, this can be a corrupted driver or file in your OS, which may require a reinstallation from OS, you can check with Microsoft* also for any help on this. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello JohnBriggs, 

I received the notification that my previous post was marked as a solution.

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional questions; please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos