Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Intel driver & support endless scanning

Zakkur
Beginner

Subject: Report of Issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Dear Intel Support Team,

I am writing to bring to your attention several issues I have encountered while using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (DSA). These issues are affecting the functionality and user experience of the application. Below is a detailed description of the problems:

1. CSRF Data Handling:
- Issue: The application reports "CSRF data not available" during non-authenticated requests, accompanied by a SyntaxError indicating an unexpected token `<span></span>`.
- Expected Behavior: The CSRF data should be correctly handled, and responses should not contain unexpected HTML content.

2. Translation Loading:
- Issue: The application encounters errors related to translation loading, as indicated in the console log.
- Expected Behavior: Translations should be loaded successfully without errors.

3. JavaScript TypeError:
- Issue: JavaScript TypeError occurs in `commons-page.min.js` at line 170, suggesting problems with undefined objects and the 'each' function.
- Expected Behavior: Code should handle objects appropriately and prevent undefined errors.

4. **Connection Issues:**
- Issue: Requests to local resources result in "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED."
- Expected Behavior: Resources from the local server should be accessible without connection issues.

5. Virtual Assistant Tag Injection Failure:
- Issue: The error "Failed to inject VA Tag: wapEvent failure" indicates a failure in injecting Virtual Assistant tags.
- Expected Behavior: Virtual Assistant tags should be injected successfully without errors.

Additionally, I have noticed the error messages in the console related to Chrome's security policies about privileged network positions and the need for `Access-Control-Allow-Private-Network` headers.

Please investigate and address these issues to enhance the performance and reliability of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. If there are any patches, updates, or workarounds available, kindly provide guidance on how to implement them.

Environment Details:
- Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: [23.4.39.9]
- Operating System: Windows 10 pro
- Browser: Chrome

Thank you for your attention to these matters. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution of these issues.

Sincerely,

Zakkur Lie-A-Ling

<email removed>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello Zakkur,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate you sharing your findings with us. To help us with the situation, we would like to suggest considering the steps from our article Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Results in “Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan” or Endless Scan - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html

If the issue persists, kindly send us screenshots showing the errors and collect the logs(link below) from Intel® DSA and send it here for analysis.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089850/software/software-applications.html

Additionally, please download and run this tool, Intel® System Support Utility(link below) so I can help check your system info and assist us with troubleshooting. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan (leave the default items checked), click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide us the .txt file.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?v=t

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Zakkur, 

I am just checking in if the troubleshooting we recommended has worked for you. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know by this post. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello Zakkur,

As I have not heard back from you regarding on our last comment post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos