Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel i 7-6700k 4 GHZ 8MB Cache, LGA 1151 and Cooling

BPage
Beginner

Forum, hope everyone is having a good day....I went to take a look at the cooling section for my CPU and what grease they were recommending only to see them installing a liquid cooled radiator.The part number is Intel® Thermal Solution BXTS13X. Big question I am using a 7th generation processor is installing a water cooler for the CPU an absolute necessary? I've been building machines for about 15 years now and its always been compound cooling paste AKA Artic Silver. Thanks, Brent

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Brent: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Processors communities. We will do our best in order to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, it actually depends of the model of the processor, the utilization of it and the platform that you are using, including the components on the machine and if for example you are planning to overclock it.

In order to look for additional details, could you please provide the specific model of the processor?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Brent: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos