Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15007 Discussions

Intel i9-12900k

Trubl
Beginner
Hello. I just recently built my new system and was worried about my temps

My i9-12900k during benchmarking with cinebench stays at 75 degrees celcious cpu package. Occasionally jumps to 76 77 then back to 75 are these bad temps during benchmarking??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Trubl,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We admire your consciousness in checking if the temperature that you are getting when doing benchmarks is normal.

To quickly answer your question, the temperature readings that you are getting are normal and good. It is far from the 100 degrees Celsius max operating temperature listed on your processor’s ark specification page

We hope that we have answered your question.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Trubl,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Trubl,

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. 

We hope that our answer addressed your inquiry.

We were waiting for your feedback since it is important for us to give you the right solution on your concern.

As much as we would like to continue assisting you, we need to close it to avoid overwhelming your inbox with notifications. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Trubl,

We have not received a response from you.

Before we close the thread, we will be giving you our final suggestions. You can visit this article, Why Is There a Persistent Observation of High Temperatures When Running Processor Stress Tests?

Additionally, motherboard configuration plays a big role in whether the processor is running within our guidelines. Some of the motherboards even have default BIOS setting configured to run out of specification / beyond Intel guidelines. Refer to your motherboard vendor for BIOS settings.

Thank you for posting on Intel Community Forums.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos