Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14592 Discussions

LGA 1200 Socket pins

svqq
Beginner

I have a problem with the warranty service of the motherboard. Gigabyte Z490 VISION G motherboard on LGA1200 socket. After the warranty service, the board received mechanical damage to the socket pins. However, the store claims that this is normal and does not interfere with the operation of the board. When communicating with Gigabyte technical support, I received information that these damages are mechanical damages and such a board is no longer subject to warranty repair. But they could not provide information that the board with such damages is not usable. I can't find any documentation on the Intel or Gigabyte website that I could refer to that would state that a board with damaged socket pins cannot be used. I would be happy if you could help me find official information about LGA1200 socket that confirms my words. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is an issue between Gigabyte and you.  If gigabyte says the board is not usable, then the board is not usable and not subject to repair.

Trying to get Intel in the middle of this disagreement is not going to help.  The board is trashed, so replacing it is your problem.

Just my opinion.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

svqq
Beginner

I cannot appeal to gigabyte directly for it. My problem are limited to the store where the motherboard was purchased. My task: to prove that the damaged socket needs repair and this damage is not normal. So I need some kind of technical information about LGA1200 socket (what is it, about damaged pins etc). 

To getting this information (wow) gigabyte were told to contact Intel. But there is no such information on Intel website.

So can you help me find some technical information?

0 Kudos