Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Management Engine Interface error 10

vsimoneaux
Beginner

I am getting a Management Engine Interface error code 10.  Driver version 11.7.0.1045.  Board Model, Dell OKWVT8  Board version A03   BIOS 15:13:32 version 04.06.05  Series 8 C220 SATA AHCI Controller  Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041

I have tried updating driver from Windows imbedded driver list.  I tried uninstalling driver and rebooting for Windows to reinstall at start up but no luck.  I looked at the Dell site and the Intel site but cannot figure out if there is an updated driver to install.  See attached screenshots.  Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

vsimoneaux, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, all the drivers tested and validated for your platform are provided by Dell, they are the ones that customized the drivers to work with your system while using the proper Operating System.

I looked on Dell's web site and I did not found the model you gave us so, please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
vsimoneaux
Beginner

See attached SSU file for requested information.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

vsimoneaux, Thank you very much for providing that information and the results.

According to the information showing in the SSU report, the model of the computer that you are using is Dell XPS 8700. In the following link you will find all the proper drivers validated and tested by Dell for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-8700/drivers

I do not see the Management Engine driver, but the Chipset driver is available in there, it is version 10.1.1.7, A00 for you to install it since it is related to the Management Engine as well:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=cr5pj&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-8700

You mentioned, "cannot figure out if there is an updated driver to install", in that case, you can always get in contact directly with Dell to confirm which are the latest drivers that you need to install and to check if maybe they have a tool or application that you can use that alerts you about drivers updates and that will let you know if all the drivers in your platform are up to date:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
vsimoneaux
Beginner

Thanks for the links.  I have been to the Dell site looking for the drivers already.  I downloaded the chipset driver.  I conctacted Dell Support and their first response what that that my initial operating system was Win 7 and no longer supported.  I replied that I had upgraded to Win 10 but no reply.  The Device manager still shows the error.  It doesn't seem to be affecting anything except Logitech wireless mouse.  I have tried 2 different models and reloaded drivers for both.  I put in my old Dell wired mouse and it works perfectly.  I don't know if the 2 are related but both started at the same time. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

vsimoneaux, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

We are sorry to hear that your OEM did not provide the solution that you were looking for. Just to let you know, the Management Engine is an embedded microcontroller integrated on some Intel® chipsets that are located in the motherboard, it is in charge to recognized hardware components, including the microcodes of the Intel® Processor supported by the motherboard.
Since Dell is the one that supports the motherboard inside your laptop, they should be the ones that provide all the details about this driver, based on the fact that all the customizations on their laptop, on their BIOS, and on their motherboard were done by them.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos