Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Mobile Gen 11 and LPDDR4X

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I am seeing documentation about the 11th gen mobile CPUs and LPDDR4X. Will these come on SODIMMs or are these soldered to the motehrboard?

I know that 11th gen is compatible with both DDR4 and LPDDR4X but does the motherboard maker need to pick one standard as in a 11th gen laptop can support DDR4 or LPDDR4X but not both?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello BHarr8,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

LPDDR4X standard is not owned by Intel so it may come in different presentations (soldered or SODIMM) this depends on the memory manufacturer.

The choice between either DDR4 or LPDDR4X is up to the motherboard manufacturer, they need to chose which one to use. The CPU can support either of them.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello BHarr8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

We are currently checking this to confirm you with the most accurate information, please expect a response soon.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello BHarr8,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

LPDDR4X standard is not owned by Intel so it may come in different presentations (soldered or SODIMM) this depends on the memory manufacturer.

The choice between either DDR4 or LPDDR4X is up to the motherboard manufacturer, they need to chose which one to use. The CPU can support either of them.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Thanks, you confirmed a lot of my suspicions.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello BHarr8,

It has been a pleasure assisting you. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos