Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

My i7 4790K is dead !!?

BBERE1
Beginner

Greeting everyone and excuse my English! here's my problem: my cpu is dead? it is a i7 4790k I explain I have a bios q-code 78 (ACPI initialization module) after a crash my machine ! my motherboard is ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA VI Z87 I thought it Was departing motherboard

but I try another cpu i5 4570 and normally fonctione no Q- code ERROR ! I try my i7 on another motherboard asus maximus VI impact Z87 there is the same error code and 78 gigabyte h87m the fan is running, but not a full turn and stops in loop and nothing is displayed on the screen on a asus

h81M-C the fan runs continuously without stopping and also has nothing appears the screen is yours I clarify that my motherboard was updated at the bios and other motherboard I'd try all their bios update and my config fonctionais normally a few days ago I have 2 years and , I was yours clarify

as my cpu was never overckloked and never overheat (cooled a Corsair H105 water cooling system) he never exceed 50 ° in games and here in detail my config:

-CPU 4790k

-Motherborad Asus maximus formula VI Z87

-Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 mhz

-vga NVDIA GFgtx 980 Hercules Inno3D ultra icchill

-sound card asus xonar phoebus

-disque ssd hard 1to adata sp 610 / 3to Segate / wd re4 2to / veloci Raptor 300GB

-power suply cooler mastre silent pro gold 1200w

-system water cooling Corsair H105

-case Corsair Graphite Series 760T

please help me I do not understand what is happening !!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kasmess,

Please try testing your motherboard with the minimum configuration; unplug the video card, unplug the sound card, unplug any extra component just try one memory stick and make sure that your CPU is seated properly.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BBERE1
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your attention and help, I did as you had suggested me I unplugged everything I have done testing with only 1 stick memory as the Q-code change 63 (cpu dxe initialization is started) three times after rebooting Q-code78 (ACPI Module initialization). I even try with different memory stick (1GB, 2GB, 4GB) 1600 mhz and 1333 mhz and also with a new motherboard Maximus VI impact I do not see what I can do other !! I believe the cpu is dead, my first since I was a peintium cpu that was a peintium 100 mhz I have never seen a cpu die too quickly for no reason and I never lost a cpu !!

What must I do now ? is there something else to test or do ?

Thank you for your help .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107034 kasmess,

Have tested your motherboard with a different power supply? Since you have tested a different processor model, you might be facing with a faulty processor.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BBERE1
Beginner

Excuse me I doubt that a supply 1200 watts certified gold the cause and pose problems but I like even try another power supply Cooler Master 80PLUS Bronze G650M, and was the same thing the same Q-code78 that back.

I think the processor is faulty ! And in that case what do you propose as a solution? Knowing that a processor that does not exceed 2 years of normal use that is to say without overclocking without overheating and was used in an ideal environment (the other components of premium quality) stops work suddenly without reason !! while INTEL guarantee the product three years on the box! An i7 4790k is supposed to provide performance, longevity, reliability and stability has a PC is not changed every year an i7, please excuse my confusions and have expressed my dissatisfaction for INTEL thank you very much for your attention and your help .

last question is what INTEL supports the guarantee of my processor as it is written on its box?

if so what is the procedure to be followed

Thank you Best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Don't worry, it was just a suggestion. I actually have seen cases like yours were testing a different PSU fixed the issue, but in your case it might be just a faulty unit. So in this case, my recommendation is to contact our phone or chat support in order to check the warranty options for your unit, see here for the contact information http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BBERE1
Beginner

Thank you for your attention and help, I will follow your recommendation and I will keep you posted on the evolution of the situation regarding warranty, again thank you very much.

Regards ,

kasmess

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Yes please, keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos