Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

PHOTOSHOP is extremly lagging in some cases but INTEL processor has a lot of available resources (gpu, memory, hdd also). What can i do to use it normally?

KHell3
Novice

I have a rather fast notebook, but some programs are extremely lagging in some cases.

For example when i am trying to resize multiple large objects in Photoshop - it lags a lot. But at the same time Task Manager shows that system has a lot of available resources.

Task Manager shows that i have a lot of free CPU, DISK, MEMORY, GPU.

At the moment of resizing Photoshop uses only 20% of CPU, but it is extremely lagging.

I made some mesurements in System Monitor (screenshot attached) it shows that at the time of resizing % of used processor resources for Photoshop process separately is 100%, but at the same time overall CPU usage is still just about 20-25%.

Why so, what can i do?

Sysytem interruptions are at the normal levels.

Paging file is OK too.

Processor temperature is fine.

Photoshop process priority is High.

My system:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Skylake)

Windows 10

DDR4 - 2133 МГц - 16 gb

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M - 4 GB

Intel 530 HD Graphics

Adobe Photoshop CC 2019

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you cleaned the fan and heatsink in this thing recently? Have you replaced the power supply?

Either would explain the poor performance.

Doc

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello KHell3,

Thank you for your response.

After checking the reports the CPU/GPU are working fine, based on Adobe* official website the software requirements to run photoshop properly are the following:

Minimum system requirements for Photoshop:

Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support*; 2 GHz or faster processor

Microsoft Windows 10*** October 2018 update (64-bit) version 1809 or later

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 or Quadro T1000 is recommended

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Adobe has tested the laptop and desktop versions of the following graphics processor card series:

Intel® HD Graphics: P530, P630, 5000, 515, 520

Intel® Iris Pro Graphics: P5200, P6300, P580

Intel HD Graphics 515 and 520

They have not tested or at least validated the Intel® HD Graphics 530 not saying that due to this it won't work at all but it will be good to contact the software developer as well to make sure that the system meets the requirements needed for this software.

As previously mentioned the system does not show high CPU/GPU usage while running the software meaning that the CPU and GPU are not overwhelmed. your system has hybrid graphics and this will be controlled by the operating system because they can work in a different way either at the same time (Intel® graphics + Nvidia* graphics) or switch between using the Intel® graphics or discrete graphics controller when performing specific tasks.

Our recommendation will be to check this with your system manufacturer because somehow you might be able to enable only your dedicated GPU when using Adobe* Photoshop and test the behavior.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos